Chapter 29

Chapter 29 Rias returns to the underworld.

It's only been a week since Hyoudou Issei defeated the dark and twisted Ryuu Tatsuo. The man who gained enjoyment putting the red dragon emperor through torment and despair. Hyoudou Issei was put through agonising pain both mentally and physically when he was forced to fight against both his friends and the woman he treasured the most.

Ryuu Tatsuo was a member of the old Satan faction and he was gifted with a truly horrifying ability. Memory manipulation. Issei was brought to his knees through the twisted and terrifying psychological warfare he was forced to fight through which also brought him close to deaths door.

However, thanks to the combined efforts of Koneko, Akeno, Gasper and even the demon lord himself, Issei was able to face his fears and as a result, unlock a new ability whilst he protected the one he loves the most.

Upon first inspection, it would have seemed that with Ryuu Tatsuo destroyed and gone for good, the battle was finally over. Unfortunately, this was not the case. With the guilt of turning their own weapons on Issei over flowing inside them, Kiba, Asia, Xenovia and Rias were still feeling awful for their betrayal against him.

Noticing this issue brewing in the peerage, the demon lord Sirzechs Lucifer, took action and decided to make renovations on Issei's humble little home increasing its living capacity.

Shortly after the changes were completed, the demon lord issued a direct order to the Gremories who were still suffering. He ordered everyone in the Gremory peerage to live under the same roof as Hyoudou Issei as a form of atonement. Where they would be able to help with the house work and just in general be close to Issei to make up for the isolation they put him through in which they were unable to forgive themselves.

Of course Rias had already made no exceptions to her living arrangements and solely declared occupancy in Issei's bedroom and would not allow any objections whatsoever.

After all, despite Issei's kind words, Rias was the one who felt the most responsible for Issei's sadness. The fact remained that she is the king of her peerage and the noble girl could not help but feel completely responsible for such a huge division in her servants.

She felt cold and numb whenever memories of Ryuu Tatsuo invaded her sleep. How he used to carelessly touch her and in front of Issei to make it worse. She hated herself for letting another man take control of her mind and she could not forgive herself for not listening to reason from both her best friend Akeno and her most treasured pawn.

No she just let Ryuu string her along like a puppet and as a result bring Issei to the deepest levels of despair. Which she promised to him on that night by the church in the rain to lead him away from.

Rias wasn't optimistic that things wouldn't get better and after the news she receives later today, she will soon believe this to be true.

Rias' P.O.V.

Cold and numb. Once again this feeling assaults me and makes me remember such an awful memory. I can't feel any of my limbs and my heart rate is beginning to drop. I try to cry out for help but my voice doesn't come out. Suddenly a sound pounds against my eardrum causing me to panic. I try to turn my head but it won't budge.

Suddenly arms begin to wrap around me and my first instinct is to hide. But wait this isn't a constrictive hold? No it's gentle and warm. I'm calming down my heart rate is beginning to settle again. My body is beginning to feel warm no it's hot confirming to me who it is. I suddenly collapse into his embrace when I hear his voice tickle my ear.

"Don't worry you're my girl now Miss Gremory." Issei said making me smile.

"Geez don't sneak up on me like that." I said before I was forced to be quiet.