Chapter 27 The Heart of a Dragon!

Chapter 27 The heart of a dragon!

"Please stay back Ryuu. I'll handle the Sekiryutei." Rias said with her irises changing to a ruby shade.

"I should have known you would do this Rias. After all, you care about your servants more than anything else in the world." Issei said as he began to walk towards her.

"Are you mocking me?!" Rias said summoning her destructive power and directed it straight at Issei.

"Of course not Rias. That's what I love about you." Issei said making Rias angry.

"Shut up!" Rias screamed as she launched her attack.

The crimson blast was a direct hit. Causing Issei's scale mail to slightly crack.

Rias was both stunned and confused after the Sekiryutei who proved to have significant speed, refused to dodge her and attack her head on. No he just proceeded along the path towards her.

"I won't let you hurt Ryuu you monster!" Rias said making Issei hurt a bit.

"I know you won't Rias. But don't worry, I'm going to save you now." Issei said being hit by another proportions of Rias' power.

"Stay back Sekiryutei! Take another step further and I will destroy you!" Rias said her power beginning to increase in response to her building rage.

"I promise to not turn away from you when you are suffering so much president. After all I'm your pawn." Issei said moments away from her now as her feet stayed planted on the spot.

"I told you to stay back!" Rias screamed this time unleashing a more powerful blast at the red dragon emperor.

Once the smoke cleared, Rias could see that the red dragon emperor's armour was almost destroyed the helmet being the exception. But despite this, he still continued to approach her.

Issei was a few steps away from Rias now and this caused the crimson haired girl to greatly panic.

"Get away from me!" She screamed aiming a half powered blast at his head.

The attack was successful in destroying Issei's last piece of armour. However, Rias now froze as the fragments of the red dragon emperors helmet fell to the floor.

Rias' P.O.V

My body froze. No to be more accurate, it was as if my whole body was forcing me to not make another move when I destroyed the helmet.

Next my chest began to heat up and before I knew it, tears started streaming down my cheeks when his face was revealed.

His scruffy brown hair. His hazel eyes which stared directly at me. But not with resentment or disgust, no it was more like a look of kindness and warmth. He smiled at me and stopped walking when he finally reached me. My heart began to beat rapidly remembering the previous night when I saw that photo I held in my purse. It was then I realised that this individual was the same as the boy in the picture I possess. My feelings of fear and hatred suddenly disappeared and were replaced with new emotions. Happiness and desperation. I was happy to see this man but I was desperate to find out who he was to me and why by looking at his face alone, does my heart begin to beat faster and bring out a warmth inside of me.

Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards his chest holding the back of my head gently as he embraced me.

My heart was going crazy as he hugged me close to him. I didn't know why, but when he wrapped his arms around me, I felt as if all the loneliness I experienced was because of this man being gone.

"But I love Ryuu don't I? So how could this be true?"

"That's right he is Ryuu's enemy! He is going to try kill my precious servant! I have to break away!"