Chapter 19

Chapter 19 Are you glad you met me?

Rias awoke, getting herself out of bed at a slow pace. The crimson princess was unable to find the motivation to start the day because of two reasons. The first reason being today was the day she has been dreading all week. Class review day.

It wasn't that she didn't want to see her dad today far from it. It was more the fact that when her dad and brother attend these class review sessions, they incredibly embarrass her by recording her and making her feel uneasy.

However, despite Rias' lower expectations for the day, the second reason was more painful and made her feel empty. For the first time in ages, Rias woke alone without having the luxury of using Issei as a body pillow and seeing him as soon as she opened her eyes. Last night the house was crowded with people and she was forcibly shut out of Issei's room by her older brother. As a result, she slept alone whilst Akeno and Asia took possession of the other spare room.

Rias sighed heavily finally deciding to get dressed and prepare herself for the storm she was jumping into today.

Rias suddenly perked up when she caught the scent of Issei's cooking. The crimson haired girl smiled as she followed the remarkable scent coming from downstairs. Rias joined the others at the table taking a seat next to Akeno and opposite her brother.

"Good morning Rias, did you sleep well?" Sirzechs said slightly irritating her.

Rias ignored her older brother and suddenly smiled when Issei came into the room.

"Ah Rias. Good morning. You're just in time here's your breakfast." Issei said placing her plate down and a cup of coffee to help wake her up.

"Thank you Issei it looks good." Rias said trying her best not to salivate in reaction to the delicious fragrance.

"So Lord Sirzechs, you said you had an announcement to make when we were all present." Akeno said making Sirzechs put down his cup and clear his throat.

"Yes. Rias, I have decided to use Kuoh academy as the venue for the upcoming meeting of the leaders summit." The red haired man said making Rias almost spit out her coffee.

"What are you saying big brother? Why at our school?" Rias replied fully curious to her brother's intentions.

"It's the perfect place for it Rias. Anyway eat your breakfast. I want to see you all lively whilst you take part in your studies today." Sirzechs replied.

"Jeez you're the demon lord; you can't just abandon your work for this open homeroom." Rias said showing her discomfort.

"Ahh but this also counts as work to Rias." Sirzechs said with a grin making her pout and resume her breakfast.

"Damn it Grayfia, why did you have to remind him." Rias muttered to herself dreading what was to come.

Rias felt as if her feet were made of concrete slabs as she slowly travelled to school. Feeling even more unmotivated to go to school with every step she took.

For once she was not walking alongside Issei on their journey to school and because of this her mind began to wonder.

"What does Issei think of me? Does he just see me as his master? I don't know if I'll ever be able to truly stay beside him as a woman. Akeno has gotten closer to him now. Hyoudou Issei, just what do you think of me really?" Rias thought to herself.

All of a sudden, Rias snapped back to reality when she felt a muscular hand grip her own.

"It will be okay Rias."

"Issei"

"I know your older brother can be embarrassing, but just try to enjoy yourself today like any other day. Don't worry i'm here for you president Rias. So let's go to school okay?" Issei said with a huge grin which magically brightened Rias' mood.