Case #1: (Xavieus) Pt.1

Start from the beginning

 "What do you mean i cannot leave?" demanded Seth monotoned.

  "Well, when we were younger, my sister would sneak out of the house to do... things, and my mom put this spell on the house so that No one could sneak in, or come out after Nine o'clock."

  Seth stood puzzled... "your customs are very strange to me." he said looking around the house at all of the decorative statues, some as friendly as a sheep and it's herder. Others as disturbing as a man holding a goat head with little beads dripping down from invisible wire.

 Amber smiled, "And who are you? I never got your name." 

"Spector, Seth Smith." Replied Seth looking at a painting of a female monarch standing in front of dead trees with two figures behind, on either side of her, of which he could swear the eyes were looking at him. 'you're first, woman.'

  "Seth, Would not have guessed that, but i can't see your face, so i couldn't tell if the name suited you." Amber turned and beckend for Seth to follow, "C'mon, i will show you where you can sleep."

 "Sleep is not on my agenda tonight." Seth replied slowly walking past the painting. 'i'll be back wench... keep it up that look.' he thought glaring at the hag looking down, mocking him.

  "You like my great great grandmothers picture?" Amber chuckled. "She was a very... strange woman, on of the few of my family to be a Black Witch."

  The Spector walked by growing more interested in the politics of the BML and the WMG. "I would like to talk to you about your customs," he inquired, looking at the young woman before him. "I don't plan on sleeping tonight, and i don't like to waste time. Could you tell me about what makes a White Mage, and a Black Mage?"

 Amber stood bemused at the request, but nodded her head in agreement and they made their way up some stairs into a library. "Nothing will disturb us here." She said as she sat on an older red leather chair that was a little to big for her. A warm fireplace held a sparking and crackling flame. She crossed her legs and gestured for Seth to sit in the one across from her. Seth declined insisting he wold rather stand.

  " Now what is it you want to know of the White Mage customs?" She asked tilting her head.

"Your mother said it was within the custom to have sexual intercourse with people outside of marriage." Replied Seth bluntly. "I wish to know if that is a fact."

  Amber pushed her eye brows together licked her lips. "yes. it is custom for the White Mages to be anti-monogamous." Amber said with shame. "That is part of being a White witch or wizard... You want to spread the love you have around, and share that pleasure with others."

  Seth nodded at this. "I see."

  "I lean more to the Black Mages side on that one."

"And what is their custom in that regard?"

Amber smiled, "Just as White Mages consider this a 'selfless act,' the Black Mages are more 'selfish,' They want their one partner to them and them alone. Never to see the one they love with another, the way they were together." Amber had a romantic and sentimental tone to her with the description.

  Seth found himself feeling a bit of pride for them. He didn't particularly care for the political game of chess that the Mages played, but he did have a natural curiosity for culture. Though it wouldn't be shown, Seth was fascinated... "indeed, Sounds as if they are intentionally different as can be."

  "Oh, well not all Mages conform to all their customs." Replied Amber snapping out of her fantasy. "Some White Mages hold Black Mage customs and vice versa. Personally, I hold the thought of monogamy withing the Black Mages, but i also hold the White Mages desire to help every one."