Chapter 30

Epilogue

*One Month Later*

Adrien's POV

Highschool was finally over. Adrien, Marinette, Alya, Carlos and Nino were in the summer break. Alya and Nino were aware of their friends' 'secret identities'. Of course, Alya fangirled hard when she found out her beloved heroine was actually her best friend and boasted every day, saying 'I told you Adrien was Chat Noir! But did you listen? No! You were 'Batman, Batman!'. Nino was cool with it.
" How do you like the Caribbean, my lady?" Adrien held Marinette close to him, his right hand around her waist.
" I love it. Thank you." Even though you wouldn't think it's true, Adrien's father, Gabriel Agreste, had rented a whole hotel for the five, for three months. Mari pecked his soft lips, leaving him hungry for more.
" Nah-Ah! You won't get more from me!" She held her chin up in the air.
" Oh really? Look! An akuma!" Adrien whispered to her.
" Huh? Where?" The bluenette turned around to see him smirking. He pulled her into a passionate kiss.
" Gotcha." She sticked out her tongue at him, playfully. The five friends were walking along the shore as they threw a look at the shops in their left.
" Oh my God!!" Alya screamed, just a few steps in front of the two lovebirds. Nino jumped in shock as Carlos moved his hand up to his chest.
" What? What is it?" Marinette and Adrien hurried up to Alya's side.
" Just look at this skirt!" She jumped around in circles.
" Oh-For God's sake, woman! I almost had a heart attack!" Carlos rolled his eyes.
" Chill, man! What got you so grumpy?" Alya put her glasses back on. A spark appeared in her brown eyes.
" And I know just the perfect treatment for you! Shopping!" Carlos groaned, rolling his eyes once again.
" Yeah, dude! Some T-Shirts and pants can't hurt." Nino petted his shoulder, winking at Adrien. And he knew why. The blond wanted to give Mari a necklace but they needed to have more intimacy. Even though, Alya wouldn't give up. She wanted Marinette to come with her so badly.

*After Three Hours of Shopping*

" You know what? I actually really like this one." Carlos looked at the simple, decent shirt he was wearing.
" Finally!" Alya raised her arms up in the air, sighting in relief. Adrien, Mari and Nino burst into laughter, tears forming in their eyes.
" What's so funny?" Alya asked the three as they pointed towards her head. Three kwamis were hidden in a brightly colored skirt, holding it in the air from inside it, above the girl's head.
" Oh. My. God!!!!!" She screamed as she kept petting the cloth, making people look weirdly at them.
" Oh, not again!" Carlos took the shirts he bought as Alya took the skirt and ran inside the shop, to buy it.

*Several Hours Later*

" And he was so angry, I thought his head was going to explode!" Nino told his friends about Mr. Damocles' face when he got pranked. They all laughed loudly, sitting at a table with ocean-view.
" No wonder he got akumatized!" Alya stated.
" Hey, guys! I wanna check out a shop I saw on the way here." Adrien announced.
" Mind joining me?" He held his hand to Marinette as she grabbed it, delicately.
" With pleasure." She giggled.
" Okay. See ya in half an hour." Alya said sternly, making the boys chuckle.
Adrien led Mari to a beautiful fountain.
" Where is the shop?" She asked him.
" Nowhere. I wanted to give you something." He added as he saw the confusion on her face.
" I'll be right back. Just stay here." Adrien kissed the bluenette's forehead as she nodded. He ran to his friends and grabbed the little gift.
" How is it working?" Nino asked his best friend.
" Pretty well, so far."
" Take care of my girl, you hear me? Or I'll make sure you won't see your tail tomorrow." Alya threatened him, making him gulp.
" Of course." That's the last thing Adrien said before he ran off.
He approached the place where he left his Princess. He turned the corner to see her ogling some clothes in a showcase, rosy lips pursed and glittery eyes adorable. Adrien tiptoed inside the shop and when Marinette least expected it, he popped his head up, large smile spread on his face, and a pretty necklace in his hands. Mari gasped softly.

It had a round pendant, half cat paw, half ladybug wing. He didn't need to ask if she liked it or not. He could tell by her stoked expression, and by how she ran inside to drag him out, half hugging him as tightly as she could. He laid the jewelry around her neck and when he raised his gaze to meet her beautiful eyes, she cupped his cheeks and gave him a long, rewarding kiss.

Let's just say they had a lot of fun that day. Adrien never would've thought the girl of his dreams had always been so close to him, hiding in plain sight. And Marinette wouldn't have imagined that loving that mischievous black cat could feel so damn nice.

But I guess life is just full of surprises, isn't it?

Fin.
________________________________
Hi guys! Here's the ending we'd all been waiting for lol. Thank you all for bearing with me throughout my highs and my lows! You guys are the best! Ily lots❤️❤️❤️
-😘