Chapter 24

Adrien's POV

Chat held Marinette in his strong arms. Open your eyes! He was on the edge of spilling his tears. The boy noticed a twitch of her eyelids.
" M-My Lady?" Chat's voice trembled.
" C-Chat? " She opened her eyes, letting blue bathe in green.
" Oh, Marinette! You scared the fur off me!" Chat pulled her to his chest.
" I'm fine, kitty." Mari giggled before she kissed his warm cheek, making him blush like a wild pig chased by a hungry cougar. She quickly got up to her feet.
" I need to take you home. " Chat looked right into her eyes, just like he was looking through her. " Huh. It seems the effect has worn off. Chien! Can you handle the beast for a mo-" The cat-like boy turned around to see a very confused Chien Marron and a blank space, where the villan was 3 minutes before.
" Where did she go?" The three caught a glimpse of gold, running above the buildings.
" She must be going to the Coeur Bridge!" Chien realized. He looked at Marinette an nodded his head to Chat Noir before jumping away in the sunrise's light. Mari placed her hands around Chat's neck, waiting to be lifted off the ground. He picked her up and ran towards her balcony, wich he knew like the back of his palm. Chat put her down on the floor. The bluenette's hair shone in the tiny, warm razes of the newborn sun.
" Just stay here, okay? I won't let anything happen to you." He said, resisting the urge to kiss her rose-pink lips.
" I-I.." Chat closed his mouth and jumped off the balcony after waving a goodbye. She waved back, her cheeks slightly red.

Oh, COME ON! Just tell her once and for all! She clearly likes you too!
I don't like her, Plagg. I love her. And she might not feel the same. Chat shook his head to clear away Plagg's annoyed voice as he landed on the Coeur Bridge. He saw Chien dangling his legs, right next to him while he sat on the edge.
" Any trace of her?" Chat asked him.
" Oh-Yeah. I saw her near Champs-Élysées. " Something's fishy.
" Hey, are you okay?" He asked Chien while he sat beside him, petting his furred shoulder.
" Yeah. Well, actually.. no. But I'll get over it, don't worry." Chat Noir was a bit confused. " She clearly loves you, not me." Oh. That.
" Carlos, if you wanna talk-"
" No. I'll get over her. On my own. Now let's take down that akuma." Chat followed his partner, or better said, friend, above the streets until they reached the avenue. Chat Noir saw the akuma sitting at table, drinking her tea, carelessly.
" Wow. That's one duty-free girl." Chat said, mostly to himself.
" Shh! We can sneak up on her." The leather-covered boy nodded as the two stealthily hid under the table behind her. The only thing they could see was a golden pair of dangling shoes.
Hmm.. Gotcha!
" Chien, I have an idea. But it's not something you should do to a lady." He smirked, evilly.
" Claws out, chaton." Chat crawled under the villan's chair before he slowly removed one of her shoes.
" What the-" The girl looked down, trying to find the missing shoe. At the very moment, Chien sneaked behind her sit and pushed the chair upside down, throwing the girl off it. He quickly grabbed the bracelet and broke it completely.
" Nooo!" The villan shouted as she transformed back into her normal self. A purple-black butterfly came out of it.
Chat saw the dotted heroine run next to them.
" Sorry.. To be.. Late.. Tikki had to.. Fill up.. her belly. What did.. I miss?" She said, panting.
" Oh, we just freed the akuma. Do your thing, bugaboo." Chat smirked at her.
Ladybug rolled her eyes as she caught the akuma in her yo-yo.
" Bye-bye, little butterfly!" A pure, white insect flew out of her weapon.
" Miraculous Ladybug!" She shouted and everything came back to normal. The girl raised her hand while Chat took her closer to Chien.
" Pound It!" The three said simultaneously, fist pumping.
" See ya later!" Ladybug swinged away into the sunlight. Chat turned to Chien, ready to say something but immediately closed his mouth. Instead, he comfortably petted the boy's arched back before turning away.
" I can get over her. I know I can." Chat heard Chien Marron mumble while he used his staff to throw himself up on a nearby roof.

Hey guys! Another chapter up!
How about a little game? I wanna see what OTP you like better. Put a '#MariChat4life' or any other of the 4 couples.
Anyway, until then!
~~Bella 💕