Chapter 20

Adrien's POV

Adrien was looking outside his bedroom window. He was tired after 5 long and boring classes and he tried to get everything off his mind. But Adrien couldn't stop thinking about Marinette. Her bluebell-eyes, midnight-hair, porcelain, delicate face...
" I need to get her back, Plagg. I have to." He told his little black kwami.
" You know, you never actually had her, right? She just accepted your annoying attitude." Plagg said, munching on a piece of camembert.
" Well, that's a start!" Adrien replied, his face lighting up.
" That was a start." The tiny creature retorted.
" That's why I have to win her heart and trust." Adrien said, mostly to himself.
" Plagg, Claws Out!" He whisper-yelled, careful to not make Nathalie come check on him. Chat jumped outside, his ears twitching in nervousness. He jumped from a rooftop to another until he reached Marinette's house. Chat climbed up to her window and knocked. He saw Marinette come up from her desk as she opened the window for him. He jumped inside, intensely looking at her.
" Marinette, before you say anything, I want to tell you.. I-I'm sorry, for what I did the other night. I shouldn't have done that." Chat told her, looking down on the floor. She carefully came closer to him. Then, she did the unthinkable. Marinette moved her hand up to Chat's rosy cheek and lifted his chin so she could look into his bright green eyes. He twitched at the bluenette's warm, loving touch but quickly got lost in her ocean-blue eyes, blushing, slightly. She had a sweet, soothing smile on her delicate face.
" It's okay, Chat." Marinette slowly leaned closer to him and so did Chat. I love you Princess.. If only I had the guts to tell you.. They quickly moved away from each other when a knock on the window interfered. Why does this always happen?? Chat internally screamed. He looked outside to see the boy he'd never wish to see again. Chien Marron. Or that stupid, incredibly annoying italian. He growled, silently so Mari wouldn't hear him. Marinette hurried to open the window for Chien and smiled warmly.
" Hello, m'lady." Chien bowed in front of her. Chat felt the jealousy run up to his ears while Mari giggled.
" Hello, Carlos." She said in the same playful tone.
" Wait, how do you know who I am?" Chien Marron asked confused.
" I-I saw you detransform when you were behind Hotel Paris with Ladybug and Chat Noir." She said, a bit nervous.
" Oh. It seems I need to be more careful. Anyway, how about a late walk on the top of the Eiffel Tower?" He asked the girl.
" Sure, why not?" Chat saw Chien spread his arms so Marinette could find her way into his grip.
" I wouldn't mind a nightly walk either." Chat said, clearing his throat. Marinette ignored him but she didn't take Chien's hand. Instead, she came closer to Chat Noir.
" Sorry, Carlos, but.. I'm more familiar with Chat's way of carrying me around." Mari said, slightly amused while she wrapped her fragile-looking arms around Chat's neck, waiting for him to pick her up. Chat was taken by surprise but soon lifted her up from the ground.

* Later, on the Eiffel Tower *

Adrien's POV

" And I said, ' The akuma is in the pin!' So we defeated the villan." Chien Marron said, proudly.
" What a little adventure you had!" Marinette giggled.
" And many more to come!" Chien held his chin up, the wind rustling his bark-brown hair. Without you, hopefully. Chat grinned at the thought of seeing the boy every single day.
" Are you okay, kitty-cat?" Mari petted the leather-convered boy's shoulder, yawning. He winched at the touch of her hand.
" Yeah. It seems my Lady is sleepy. I should take you home." Chat told her, love in his voice as the girl moved her hands around his neck.
" I'll come too." Chien quickly stood up on his feet.
" We're better off without you." Chat showed his white teeth at him.
" There's no need, Carlos." Marinette ignored Chat's reply. " Besides, my mom might come check on me and Chat would blend in the shadows better, with his black suit." Chien lowered his head in defeat.
" Okay.. See ya later, Princess!" He kissed her forehead and ran off. Chat growled silently. He picked her up and took her home. They finally arrived at Marinette's balcony. Chat put her down on the cold floor. She slowly turned around and gave him a peck on the cheek, making Chat stare into her eyes, blushing hard. They suddenly heard a gasping voice.
" What the-Marinette?!"

Hey guys! I know, I know I'm a cliffhanger but that's life.
Until then!
~~Bella 💕