Chapter 8

Adrien's POV

Man.. I feel like I was chased by an angry pride of lions.. That akuma was one hell of a ride... Adrien thought while he transformed back.
" I. Am. Hungry!!!" Plagg complained sleepily.
" I'll go get the cheese." Adrien told the little black kwami and went downstairs, targeting the fridge.
" Here you go." He gave the huge piece of camembert to the desperate Plagg.

Ugh.. I can't sleep at all.. Adrien thought after waking up the third time.
Hmm.. It's only 9. I should pay my Princess a visit. That should help.
" Plagg?"
" Huh?" Plagg answered, annoyed.
" Are you asleep?"
" What do you think?" The kwami said, sarcastically.
" I can't sleep. How about a late patrolling of Marinette's home?"
" Okay.. Fine. But I only agree on that because I can't sleep either."
Adrien giggled at his little friend's huge ego as he transformed into his alter-ego as well.

Marinette's POV

That was one really strong akuma... My hole body aches..
Marinette gave her little kwami a cookie.
" Thanks, Mari. What are you planning to do now?" Tikki asked, yawning.
" Sleeping. A lot." Just when she was about to get in her bed, Mari saw Tikki hide and then she heard a little knock on her window. Can't I get just have a bit of peace? Marinette internally screamed as she opened the window for the stray cat.
" Good evening, my Princess. How are you?" Chat asked with his always-wear cheeky smile.
" Tired. I was just about to go to bed. And I still intend to." Mari told him, crashing on her soft mattress. She tried to fall asleep. Marinette felt something sharp crawling through her midnight blue hair. She turned around to see Chat standing on the edge of her bed, combing her hair with his claws.
" Chat, what are you doing?"
" I'm combing your hair. By the way, you're soo paw-zingly cute when you try to sleep."
" Ugh.. What do you want?" Mari asked, rolling her eyes.
" I'm bored. I can't sleep either."
" When I can't sleep, I sing a song my maman taught me."
" How is it?" Chat asked, curiosity and tiredness dancing on his face.
" It goes like this:
I remember tears streaming down your face,
When I said I'll never let you go,
When all those shadows almost killed your light..
I remember you said, 'Don't leave me here alone'
'Cause all that's dead and gone and passed tonight.
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. Marinette could see Chat's eyes closing slowly so she kept on singing.
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now,
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.. Marinette felt Chat's head fall on her shoulder. Aww.. I can't wake him up. He seems so peaceful when he sleeps.. Not to say how cute.. Mari took a closer look at her partner in crime and slowly caressed his soft, golden hair. She felt the blood going up to her cheeks. What am I doing? I love Adrien! She grabbed a blanket and silently put it over the cat boy. She put him on half of her bed. What should I do now? Maybe.. Oh god, I can't believe I'm thinking this but I'll have to sleep in the same bed with him.. Marinette thought while she got herself put on the other side of the bed. She pulled the blankets only over her because Chat was already tucked in. Mari tried to fall asleep but again, she was disturbed by Chat Noir. This time, he just cuddled closer to her until her head was resting on his chest. Marinette blushed but drifted to sleep before getting a chance to argue with herself.

Hey guys! I promised some Marichat so here it is!
PS: The lullaby is called 'Safe and Sound' - From Hunger Games. It's not actually a lullaby but the short version of the song is based on Ladynoir. (A video I found on YouTube)
Until next time!
~~Bella💕