Chapter 14

Marinette's POV

Marinette was not expecting to see Carlos. It seems he really took Ladybug's advice. Mari thought.
" Um-I guess you already know my name but... I'm Marinette, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Nice to meet you." She raised her hand to shake with him.
" Carlos. Carlos Taglia. Nice to meet you too." He said, shaking her hand. He blushed slightly.
" Well, I guess I'll see you around. Get better, Princess." He told her before leaving Marinette confused. What. Was. That?? Only Chat calls me that! She smiled at the thought of Chat Noir. Mari shook her head to clear her mind. Tikki flew out of Marinette's purse.
" Well, that was one sweet boy, right Mari?" Tikki teased her.
" Oh, shut up!" She said, throwing a pillow at her little kwami. Of course, Tikki dodged it. Again. Marinette laid down and pulled the blanket over her before drifting to sleep.

* A few weeks later *

Marinette's POV

After two good weeks of resting, Marinette was finally free to go home. She was in her balcony, looking at the bright sun. It was Saturday, so she was free from school. Marinette jumped slightly when her phone rang. She looked across the screen and was surprised to see the caller was Carlos.
" Hello? Marinette?"
" Yes. Hello, Carlos." Mari answered.
" Are you feeling better?" He asked, concerned.
" Yeah. A lot."
" Great. Um... I-I was wondering if you, of course, if you're not busy, if you would like to j-join me at the italian restaurant next to y-your house." Carlos asked, stuttering.
" Sure, I'd love to." She said.
" Awesome! See ya soon!" Marinette called Tikki to her purse and went downstairs.
" Hello, sweetie!" Sabine greeted her daughter.
" Hi, maman! I'm gonna have lunch with a friend of mine."
" Sure. Have fun!" Sabine waved at Mari as she headed for the restaurant where she was supposed to meet Carlos.

* Minutes later *

Marinette saw the restaurant just across the street.
" Hey, beautiful!" Carlos greeted her as she approached their table. Mari blushed slightly.
" Hi!" Carlos kissed Marinette's hand, making her blush even harder. Mari took the sit in front of him.
" Have I told you that you look amazing?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows flirtatiously. She just rolled her eyes, trying to ignore the blood that rose up to her cheeks. That made him schetch a smile.

Adrien's POV

Adrien was feeling lonely. His father was away on a business trip so Nathalie had to take care of the Agreste clothing line. There was no one there for him. Then, a thought stroke Adrien. Marinette. My Princess. Chat should pay her a visit. Adrien visited Mari, as Chat Noir, of course, every single day she was in hospital. It was the time to visit her again.
" Are ya still thinking about Marinette? Cheeze, you're sooo cheese-gusting!" Plagg said, annoyed.
" Cheese puns? Really, Plagg?" Adrien rolled his eyes at the smirking kwami.
" Plagg, Claws Out!" Adrien shouted as the familiar black leather suit covered every inch of his body. He opened the window and jumped outside, heading for his Princess's home.
After 10 good minutes of jumping on the rooftops, Chat was facing the most famous bakery in Paris. He went to Mari's balcony and knocked on the window. Hmm... It seems like nobody's home. Chat used his staff to swing around the building. He noticed the bright lights of a nearby restaurant. Then Chat saw her. Marinette.. But she wasn't alone. Carlos... That filthy, son of a-. His not-so-nice thoughts were interrupted by the sweet laugher of Marinette. Chat hid behind a tree, listening to their conversation.
" Oh, Carlos! J-Just stop it! I-I can't take i-it anymore!" She couldn't stop giggling.
" Really.. And you don't know half of it!" Carlos was laughing loudly too. Then, he moved his hand closer to hers, until they touched. Marinette instantly stopped laughing, blushing really hard. She moved her hand away.
"I-I have to go." She got off her seat and ran away.
" Marinette! No, wait! I'm sorry!" Carlos shouted after her but she kept running. Chat silently cursed the boy and ran after Mari. He caught up with her just before she entered the bakery.
" Princess? Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Chat asked, brushing her cheek with his thumb. Marinette was surprised. She couldn't help but hug him.

Hey guys! Another chapter up. Thanks for 1 K readers!
Until then!
~~Bella 💕