Chapter 12

Marinette's POV

Marinette was surrounded by darkness. She was engulfed by dark, cold waves of fear. She heard voices. Some of them told her 'Give up! Die already!' and some of them tried to lift her up saying 'Come back! We need you!'. That kinda looks like Chat's voice.. Mari thought. Suddenly, a spark of light sprawled through her eyelashes. She blinked, nervously. Ugh... My head aches.. Where am I? Marinette turned around to see Alya sitting on a chair beside her bed.
" How are ya, girl? You scared me half to death!" Alya said, hugging her best friend, tightly.
" Better, I guess." Mari tried to get up but a terrible headache stopped her.
" Woah! Stay there. You should rest now." Alya told Mari as she caught her and put her back into the hospital bed. The doctor came into the room.
" Good morning, Miss Dupain-Cheng! How are you feeling?"
" Good, but I have a lot of headaches."
" It's normal after what happened to your head. You had a big contusion after hitting your head very hard."
" Oh." Mari instinctively touched her head to find it wrapped up in bandages.
" Miss Cheng should rest now." The doctor said before exiting the room.
" Seems I have to go. Get better, Mari. See ya!" Alya said hugging her friend one last time. Marinette was now alone with her thoughts. So.. What happened? I recall being dropped by Chien Marron and caught by Chat Noir. Well, almost. And before that, he wanted to tell me something important. I wander what was it.
She was disturbed by the familiar knock. Chat was leaning on the window, trying to open it. He slipped inside, looking at Marinette. Chat stood there for a while before pulling Mari into a tight hug.
" Oh, Princess... It's all my fault! If I wouldn't have taken you outside, you would be sleeping in your bed just fine!" Chat said, tears forming in his eyes.
" Don't blame yourself, kitty. Remember, I agreed to go with you." Mari said, gently. He broke the hug and emerald-green eyes met sapphire-blue. She could see sadness in his eyes.
" I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you...I can't live without you..." He told her, raising his hand up to her right cheek. Mari blushed a bit but she felt... Loved.
" I-I lo-" Again, he was interrupted by something. An earthquake. Chat stopped Marinette from falling, holding her dearly to his chest.
" I'm not letting you go this time." He said, gently placing a light kiss on her bandaged forehead. He laid her on the bed and this time, he kissed her hand. " I'll come back to you. I promise." Chat left the room, a little nervous. He caught a glimpse of a familiar brown fur he saw before. That dog... My Princess is hurt because if him! Chat thought angrily as he ran after the villan.

Marinette's POV

Marinette watched Chat leave the room. She was a bit confused. Why do I feel so happy when I'm close to him? What's wrong with me? Mari was brought back to reality by another earthquake. She looked for Tikki and noticed her purse sitting on a chair, next to her bed. Chat must have brought it to me while I was asleep... Silly cat. Mari chuckled a bit.
" Tikki! Are you in there?" Marinette yell-whispered to her purse.
" Yup. I slept a bit." Tikki said, yawning. " How are you feeling?" She asked, hugging her owner's cheek.
" Good, but lots of headaches. How will I transform?" Mari asked her worried.
" When you transform into Ladybug, you bond with me. Since I am healthy, you'll be fine as Ladybug but remember, the headaches will come back as soon as the transformation starts to wear off." Tikki informed her.
" Got it. Tikki, Spots On!" She said as the familiar dotted suit covered her body. She went searching for her partner in crime.

Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter!
Until then!
~~Bella💕