Chapter 23

Marinette's POV

Ladybug jumped from rooftop to rooftop until she found herself in front of the crime scene.
" Uh- What the-" A bright light blinded her sight. She looked through her eyelashes to see a tall girl dressed in a shiny golden dress, wearing a pair of high heels.
Ladybug felt Chat Noir's and Chien Marron's presence behind her.
" I am the Truth! F-"
" Oh yeah? Well, then I'm a priest. I'm not that cat-aligious, though." Chat smirked, mockingly at the villan.
" You will all fear my wraith!" The angry girl grabbed Chat by his tail and started swinging him around her like a toddler's toy.
" I-Don't-Think-The-Tail-Can-Last-Any-Longer!!" The cat-like boy said panting, every time he faced his partners in crime. He was getting dizzy after all of that spinning.
Ladybug and Chien slided underneath the spinning Chat and jumped on the Truth. The villan dropped the boy, making him fall right on his face.
" Mew-ouch. That hurt." He said, petting his head.
Where is it? Where? Ladybug tried to find the akuma while she dodged the Truth's attacks, Chien copying her moves. The heroine saw a pearl bracelet full of glitter on the villan's wrist. There must be it!
" Boys! The akuma must be in her bracelet!" Chat jumped past her, knowing exactly what to do. But the Truth wasn't aiming for him. She was aiming for Ladybug.
" Let's play a bit!" The angry girl smirked.
Ladybug wasn't fast enough and got hit by her rock-hard, golden leaf. When it touched her, the leaf transformed into a shiny fog, surrounding Ladybug. She blinked away the blurr that overwhelmed her eyes and saw nothing new.
" What have you done to me?"
" Oh, nothing else than draining your miraculous of energy."
" What!?" Ladybug heard her miraculous beep. First beep. The second one. Hang on, Tikki.
" Go! We'll keep her busy!" Chien shouted to her before ducking under a golden leaf. Ladybug ran behind an alley as a pink mist surrounded her and a very tired Tikki fell into her warm hands.
" M-Marinette.. I n-need.." She could barely say a word.
" I'll go look for cookies, don't worry." Marinette swiftly kissed her little kwami's forehead as she ran towards the bakery, putting Tikki in her fluffy pocket. She saw Chat fighting side by side with Chien. Mari chuckled a bit. I never thought I'd actually get to see this. Just when she was about to enter her home, the bluenette felt a hand wrap itself around her waist. She turned around to see a pair of giant gloved hands, of course, belonging to the Truth.
" Marinette!!" The boys yelled simultaneously.
" Put me down!" Mari was struggling in her grip, trying to find a way out.
" Not so soon! I'm not done playing with you yet! Now, how about a bit of truth?" The girl smirked as she released a golden fog upon the superheroes.
" What have you done this time?" Chat rolled his eyes, leaning from one foot to the other. " Made my fur grow?" He laughed at his own joke.
" Better. You are all forced to say and act the truth, without any other lies! Oh, and by the way, you aren't able to mutter anything but talking out loud. Exciting, isn't it?"
" Just put her down already! You'll squize the life out of her! And I can't live without her!" Chien immediately moved his hand up to his mouth.
" Great. Now he's more annoying than before. Would you just stop trying? She'll choose the one she loves. Even though I think I'm not that guy." Chat lowered his head in pain.
Marinette felt her heart break, seeing the boy torturing himself like that.
" Chat.. That's not true." The leather-covered boy's face lifted up. " I-I lo-"
" It's getting too serious. I'm kind of tired of all this drama." The villan yawned. The two got so sentimental they forgot they had an akuma to purify.
" Game number two!" The akumatized girl threw Marinette without an warning. Chat jumped to catch her just before the designer-to-be slightly hit her head on a nearby oak's big roots.

Hey guys! Another chapter up! I'm not gonna tell ya when the end will be. But I'll only say this: 'The End Is Near!' Litter-ally 😂
Well, until next time!
~~Bella 💕