Chapter 29

Marinette's POV

Ladybug felt chills down her spine. In front of them stood a girl with red, wavy hair and green eyes.
" Hello, Ladybug. Or should I say... Marinette?" Chat Noir and Chien Marron gasped in shock.
" Wait.. She-She knows?" Chat looked at his partner.
" Of course I do. I'm her best friend!" The girl fluttered her eyelashes, innocently.
" You were, Ellie." Ladybug gritted her teeth.
" I'm not Ellie! I'm Lion Mane. And I was a great friend, wasn't I?" She said, smiling.
" Until you killed him!" The girl rose her fists.
" Ohh.. Him? I enjoyed hearing him scream in agony, what can I say?" She chuckled. A flashback came into the heroine's mind.
I was standing in front of her, a small boy kneeled down between us.
" You don't have to do this, Ellie! You can still be my friend!" I shouted to her.
" No. I can't. And I don't want to. Now, how about a game, kid?" She smirked at the little boy who was crying his eyes out. I put myself in front of him, protectively. 'I can't hurt her!' I told myself. Suddenly, she kicked me away from them and brought out her katana. The last thing I saw was a pool of blood, in the center of it my little friend.. And a smiling Ellie. Ladybug wiped out the tears that threatened to spill.
" Kay was just a kid! He had nothing to do with us!"
" He deserved to die." Lion looked at her fingernails, carelessly. That was it. Ladybug jumped on her, bringing out her yo-yo. The girls fought until a huge group of destroyers burst out from the dirt walls.
" Oh God." The creatures surrounded the two boys as they brought out their axes. Silence roamed in the air for a few seconds. Until hell unleashed. Ladybug saw Lion charge for her so she dodged before kicking her back. The villan drew out her katana and sliced the air in Ladybug's right, making her bend sideways. Lion spotted the opportunity and kicked the other girl's legs as she fell to the ground. Oh no. Ladybug got immobilized by her ex-friend. She looked around her, hoping to see her partners. They weren't luckier. The destroyers hung them in the air by their arms. Lion dragged Ladybug near the two.
" Haha.. Very well." They heard someone laugh. A shadow appeared on the wall illuminated by the razes of the sun, glistening through a hole in the mud ceiling. A tall man, with dark blue eyes walked slowly, approaching them. He leaned on a wooden staff.
" You did well, Lion Mane."
" Thank you, HawkMoth." The three widened their eyes. HawkMoth??
" Now, I will have my miraculouses." No. This can't happen.

Adrien's POV

Chat Noir watched HawkMoth raise his hand up to Ladybug's earrings as he desperately searched for a plan. He saw a drop of water, pouring out of the hole in the ceiling. He watched it fall, until it landed on a destroyer's head.
" Aaaaahh!" It screamed in pain as it's wooden skin melted away. That's it! The water! Chat looked at his lover and saw her nod her head. He looked at Chien and he did the same. In just a few seconds, Ladybug caught Lion off guard and elbowed her stomach as she jumped behind her. The boys did the same with the destroyers and ran towards the exit.
" Ahh!! Get them back here!! NOW!" HawkMoth yelled behind them.
" The water! It kills those things. We need to draw them to that underground lake we first fell into." Ladybug led the two to the water and hid behind some rocks. Adrien held his breath as he noticed the evil creatures on the other side of the lake.
" We need to get them in there." Chien whispered to the two heroes. " But how?" Got it!
" Let me handle this." Chat got up from his crouch and raised his hands up in the air.
" Chat!! What are you doing??" Ladybug yell-whispered to him.
" Shh." He clapped slowly, getting the destroyers' attention.
" Wanna get us? Then come and try!" The boy shouted to them as he swinged his tail. One of the things turned around to the others and told them something. In a second, all of them were running towards Chat. Little did they know about the barely visible lake in front of them. The water was so muddy, you couldn't tell the difference between it and the ground.
" Ahh!!" They all fell into the water and screamed loudly, making the muddy stalactites shake.
" Noo!! You idiots! Why do I have to do everything myself?" Lion Mane appeared out of nowhere and flung her arms up in the air, in exasperation. In the moment she took a step, a big chunk of the ceiling fell on her. Whoa.
" We gotta get out of here!" Chien took his friends' hands and ran towards the place where HawkMoth was before.
" He must have entered through a passage!" They went on the corridor and found a handle, attached to an oak door. The three ran upstairs and finally reached the surface.
" Pfff.. I love fresh air!"  The ground, which was part of the underground ceiling a few minutes before, came crashing down into the big hole they first fell into.
" So.. What now? I mean, no one could have survived that fall." Chien looked at Chat and Ladybug.
" We go home."

Hey guys! Another chapter up! Probably the longest one. Hope you enjoyed it!
~~Bella 💕