Chapter 17

Adrien's POV

Chat Noir was holding Marinette in his strong, muscular arms. They were on her red, girl-ish couch. He leaned slowly, getting closer to Mari's porcelain face. They were so close their noses touched, making the bluenette blush more than she already did. She's so beautiful.. If only she'd be mine.. Chat couldn't help himself and brushed off her face a few stray, midnight-blue locks. Marinette started breathing heavily, clearly nervous. Chat closed his eyes, hoping that it will happen, when he felt Mari rip herself out of his arms. He opened his eyes to see his only love facing the wall, her gaze on the cold floor.
" Y-You should go." Marinette said sternly, avoiding eye contact.
" Marinette.." Chat couldn't believe his ears. I thought I won her heart.. What is holding her back? Or.. Who?
" I mean it, Chat." She pointed the open window with her finger. The boy climbed outside, after throwing one last look at his beloved Princess. She was still gazing at the floor, not moving an inch. Chat jumped on the neighbor's roof, a heavy layer of sadness spreading behind him.

Marinette's POV

Marinette watched her knight in shining armor get swallowed by the rooftops. She felt awful. What is this feeling? Why am I sad? She let out a sight. I can't love them both. My heart belongs to Adrien. Chat's emerald-green eyes came into Mari's mind. I did the right thing. Or.. Didn't I? She was brought back to the real world by Tikki's voice.
" Marinette? Are you okay?" She asked concerned.
" No, Tikki. I'm not." The little kwami immediately understood what the girl meant and hugged her cheek with her tiny, delicate arms. Marinette was being torn apart by two boys, that both won her heart.

* The following day *

Adrien's POV

Adrien was heading towards the classroom. On the way there, he saw Marinette laughing alongside Carlos. Anger boiled inside him. Chat has met Carlos, but Adrien hasn't. He came closer to the two students.
" Hello, guys!" Marinette jerked her head around and smiled, friendly.
" Hi, Adrien!" Adrien was a bit disappointed that she didn't stutter at all but smiled back. He was lost in her sapphire-blue eyes, admiring them.
" Hello! I'm Carlos. Carlos Taglia." Adrien's daydreaming was interrupted by Carlos who offered his hand to shake with him. Adrien tried to hide his anger towards the boy as they shook hands.
" I'm Adrien. Adrien Agreste." He tried to be as polite as he possibly could.
" Hey, guys!" The three students turned around to see Nino and Alya approaching them, holding hands.
" Is there something you have to tell me, miss?" Marinette smirked at Alya, when the two lovebirds arrived. It seems my Princess isn't shy anymore. I wonder who gave her trust in herself... Adrien secretly threw a look full of jealousy to the newly arrived student. Alya looked at their entwined fingers. She blushed and quickly let go of Nino's hand.
" Umm-Yeah actually. Me and Nino... We are dating." Mari and Adrien pretended to be surprised but burst into laughter.
" What? You don't believe us?" Nino asked his friends.
" N-No, i-it's not t-that! " Marinette couldn't stop laughing. She's so sweet when she laughs... I wish I'd be the one to make her do that.
" We all knew that would happen one day!" Everyone nodded, except Alya and Carlos, who didn't have a clue why they were laughing. Alya looked at the laughing Nino and elbowed him.
" Ouch!" He pretended to be deeply hurt. All of them laughed louder, even Carlos.
" Oh! Alya, Nino, this is Carlos, our new classmate and my friend." Marinette smiled at Carlos who smiled back. Once again, Adrien felt the jealousy play under his skin.
The bell rang and everyone went to class, which happened to be chemistry. They heard someone scream.
" My husband wants to kill me and I did nothing wrong!" Adrien heard a woman's voice say. He couldn't help himself but chuckle a bit. It seems it's time to kick some akuma butt! Adrien hurried to the bathroom as every student went outside to see what was going on.

Hey guys! I'm glad to be back!
Did ya miss me? I bet you did!
Anyway, until then!
~~Bella 💕