Learn

You don't need to be told by a wise, old man to learn something. You just need to observe, learn, and apply. 

The performances of different ballroom dances started up. But I didn't watch.

Instead, I waited at the door of the gym. Something had sparked in me, Journal. Something that Trent (from the fourth cycle) had told me. Something I needed to learn, and learn well.

No more hiding. No more crying. No more running away.

I had to face problems without trying to run to a time travel tricycle and restart everything again.

I had to be brave no matter what this path of time would bring me.

I had to face...

"Juan." I called to him as his group passed through the entrance, but he didn't even look up.

I moved through the small crowd and caught his shoulder. "Juan, I-"

He turned to me, "What?" He growled softly.

We were left alone. Everyone was watching the performances. But I felt more alone than brave. 

A small weak girl barely standing before a mighty wrestler.

My back shivered. My legs felt wobbly. But I set my jaw and gulped down my fear.

"Here." I said, handing a pink heart to him. But he didn't even put out his hand to take it.

"What's this?" He gestures with his head.

"It's my heart. Do you see the words written on it?" I said softly, "It says, 'Sorry'. Even if you probably won't accept this, I want to say sorry with all my heart."

He just tries to move away, but I stop him with my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Juan. I'm truly sorry." I whisper as I remember all the things that happened before between me and him. Back then, I was just thinking how to escape when I didn't realize the one I was escaping from wasn't bad. He wasn't evil. He was hurt.

And I was the only cure.

He looked at me like I had suddenly gone crazy, but then he shook his head. "I don't believe-" He started to say, but I interrupted. I needed to show what true repentance was all about.

"How much was the bag?" I blurted.

He blinked, "Why?"

But I just tugged open my bag, finding my purse in there. Why was it there? Was it there because I had it in my bag in the first cycle?

I don't know. But in those seconds, I was glad it was there.

"Here," I thrust three hundred pesos in his hand. "Was the bag that much? Was it exported? Do you need a thousand?" I started to place more bills in his hand, but he thrust it back to me.

"Krissa," He started. His voice was quieter, but I didn't stop.

I needed his forgiveness.

"How about the stitches? I can give you all the money you had to pay for it. Just tell me how much it wa-" I went on, but he held me by my shoulders.

"Krissa." He said again. "I don't need your money. You probably need it more than me. So stop. Yes, my bag was damaged and I got stitches. Yes, I was hurt. Yes, my bag was shred into pieces. But I was tired. I'm still tired. I'm tired of getting hurt. But most of all, it was the hurt that I felt when I looked into your eyes. It was like," He sighs as he lets go of my shoulders. "I couldn't forgive myself. I couldn't face you anymore. I was tired of having my pride hurt, but I couldn't bring it down enough to tell you myself that I feel sorry too..."

He looks away for a moment, but then catches his eye at the small paper heart still in my hand.

He takes my small paper heart out of my hand and gazes at it.

I had seen him cry. I had seen him break down. But never had I seen him really smile. I mean, sure in all of the other cycles he smiled with his friends. But this...this was a real soft smile. 

The sincerest smile Juan has ever made.

"No one has ever...EVER...said sorry to me. It feels...good." He said simply as he looks up at me.

I put on a big smile as I put out my hand. "Past is past? Friends?" I ask gently.

He raises an eyebrow, but gives in to taking my hand and shaking it. "Sure."

With that, he walks away.

And I can't help but smile at the accomplishment I just made.

Face your problems...

=======================================

Hiiii readerssss! WAIT THIS IS NOT THE END!!

7/10/2017

I saved the last THREE chapters para sa mga followers ko! So, kung gusto nyo bang mailman kung ano mangyayari click Follow and enjoy the ending ;) 

Telling you, itzzz sooo EXCITEingggg.

<3 <3 

Pls vote up if you love this chapter. Salamat!

I have a new book created, 

"The Singer and the Celebrity"

hmmm...interesting, noh?

Basahin nyoooo! Thanksss.