Don't feel like playing...

When clouds are gray, I don't want to play.

Ok, this day wasn't going well for me. I was late for most of my classes because my backpack's zipper always popped open whenever I ran because it was stuffed full with books.

And when school was finally over, assignments piled up in my bag. Reports and information stacked so high in my brain that I was afraid I was going to fall over myself.

I dropped my backpack on the ground as I heaved myself onto a bench near the school. Arlene had asked me to wait for her there, and I was more than willing to sit down and relax while waiting for her.

When she came up to me (I remember my sickening feeling when I saw it, journal.) my guitar was in one of her hands. Oh no, it's...

"Did you know it's Trent's birthday today, Krissa?" She squealed. "I've been liking him for two years and two days! Can you believe it? And you've been liking him for like six months, two weeks, and four days!"

It was funny how she actually counted the official days we have been liking him. But that was what I wasn't worried about.

"Arlene, why did you get my guitar from my house?"

She replied, "How did you know I got it from your house?"

Well, I went back in time once and I knew you got it so I could play guitar and Trent will notice me.

But I didn't say that.

"Because...it's my guitar...and I leave it in my house." My answer was a good and obvious reason.

Journal, you should be so proud of me.

She made another of her pouting faces, "I just wanted to hear you play some songs...please?"

For a moment I just stared at her, then at the guitar, then at her again. I sighed and smiled, taking the guitar from her.

I mean, what could happen? Maria told me things would be different this time around. Maybe the stars I had wished on before would be good to me and lessen the blow of the changes I had made to time.

I started to strum a few chords and then started to finger-play a few other complicated songs I hadn't played these past few months.

My mind relaxed from all the information overloads I had from school. My eyes closed as I got caught up in the songs. And my fingers flew.

I was so caught into the music that I finally got pulled back into reality when Arlene nudged me and whispered, "Oh my goodness! He's watching you play!"

My fingers stopped strumming for one second, and my eyes popped open.

My heart sped up, but then gradually slowed down. Unfortunately, the stars I had wished on weren't being really friendly to me.

Because there he was.

Trent was watching me play, just as he did before...in the first cycle. For a few seconds, we looked at each other, but then he blinked and started walking away.

Arlene nudged me again and whispered, "You know, for a second, I thought he was going to come over and talk to you." Then she laughed.

Time slowed as he glanced back at me. I could see a confused expression on his face, but then he just looked down, as if he wanted to ask me to his party but of course wiped the thought out of his mind. He turned back down the stream of students around him.

And time started up again as I said: "Yeah, I thought so too."

I stared back down at my guitar. This was when he had invited me to his party. This was when he was supposed to invite me.

I suddenly didn't feel like playing guitar anymore.

**

Journal, I can't sleep anymore. I had to wake up and write my nightmare down before I forget it. I'm sweating and crying at the same time right now from what happened. And, even if I try to wipe it all away...I'm still crying.

I had the weirdest dream.

Trent was my friend. And we were holding hands! But then, Ria roared down the road with her tricycle, speeding towards us.

I called out to Ria to stop, but it seemed as if she had fallen asleep while driving. Trent dove to the right, while I jumped to the left.

And when Ria had passed by us, I looked up to see Trent getting up. He was holding his head as if he was hurt.

I ran to his side, "Are you okay?"

He stood up quickly, looking at me as if he had seen a ghost. Then, after staring at me, he turned to walk away.

"Trent!" I was starting to cry as I turned him to face me. "Are you okay?" My dream self was thinking that he had amnesia or something.

He looked me up and down and then spoke, "Who are you?" His expression was filled with confusion, and his face, that was a little thinner, was pale.

And then, he turned and ran. I fell to my knees and cried.

Journal, I'm not scared or anything. It's just, I was bothered by how sick he had looked. And how lost he looked as he seemed to stare right through me.

Could this be a sign?

No, it couldn't be.