Happy New Year to Me

11:30 PM. I came home early from the New Year Dance.

"Arlene, will you dance with me?"

It was the New Year Dance. My head was lying on the table and I yawned as if I had just woken up. But deep inside, I wasn't sleepy, I was just tired of it all. Tired. And numb. Well, journal, trying to be numb.

He asked her. Trent asked Arlene. They danced away for a full ten minutes and then Trent switched her with his friend's partner.

I sat there, waiting for the moment. Waiting for the time he will ask me.

But, sadly, I was waiting until the announcer said, "Last dance, ladies and gentlemen!"

I was waiting up to the last second of the last song. I had been waiting until the boys finally sat down and Arlene was whisked back to her seat by a cute stranger.

When she looked at me, she could only see my hair and not my face. She could only see that I was sleeping, but I really wasn't.

I was crying.

How could this happen to me? We had such great times together, dancing on the dance floor. But in this cycle, he didn't even "see" me.

He had called me beautiful.

And now, I was invisible to him.

My shoulders started to shudder. Ria was right. This was my fault. Or this was a good decision. It was my choice. It was me who made my own fate. Not the stars.

Come on, Krissa! Get it together!

"Are you okay, Krissa?" Arlene rubbed my back.

I wanted him to be my friend again. I wanted him to dance with me again.

And it all didn't happen because I went back in time. I altered everything that happened. And now, I just wanted things to happen just as it had.

"I-I have to go." Shaking out my sad thoughts, I tried to let go of it all as I stood and started to walk out of the ballroom.