The Impossible

The impossible is never impossible. 

Okay, well, I didn't sleep. So as the early morning sun rays peeked out of mountains, I stepped outside my door.

I don't remember what time I had changed into pajamas last night. But I was too weary to change back into some clothes presentable enough for Ria.

The only thing I remember bringing out with me was my school bag with this journal in it. Because, no matter what cycle I'm going in, I want to make sure ALL my memories stay in this book forever.

I felt the coolness of the grass as I stepped on our lawn with my bare feet. I could feel a slight wind at my back.

I could have paused, inhaled some fresh air and enjoyed the morning. I could have felt a sense of calm as the birds flew above me.

But yet, I felt emotionless.

All of my soul was depending on this moment.

I had to save him. I had to save Trent.

With a wipe of the card on my wet cheek, Ria rolled down the road in seconds.

But her face was blank as she parked near me. "I know why you would call me. But I can't. Turning the knob back will actually be impossible for you."

She sounded like a soldier in defeat. But I knew that maybe there was a solution. A tweak in the system that could start it up again.

"It's not impossible. Anything is possible." I said simply, feeling inspiration spark a light within me.

"How can you say that?" She said quizzically.

I came up to her, looking down at her controls. "Remember you have to turn this knob back just a little bit to the certain time I wanted?" I said, glancing up at her.

She chewed her gum, but didn't say anything as she squinted at me, deciphering what I was trying to say.

My words sped up as my heart sped up with it. "What if you could turn the knob a full circle backwards and keep turning until it gets to the time I desire? You're not really going in the past...because going in the past is turning the knob just a bit. But going around in a full circle?" I said softly.

I held my breath as I stared at Ria, hoping and wishing with all my might that this might work.

She stopped chewing her gum, suddenly thinking hard. "It's never been done before."

"That's why I'm trying it." I said, nodding.

"You might just end up in the same cycle again-" She said in a shrug as she readjusted her shades.

"Or I might end up in the first ever cycle." I argued.

She slipped off her glasses, taking a good long look at me. What was she thinking, Journal? Maybe she thought I was crazy. Or desperate. Or a genius.

Then she placed her hands firmly on my shoulders. "I have never done this before. That's why I can't do this. You might get hurt." She said as she looked straight into my eyes.

I slapped her hands away, "Stop this drama. I don't care if I get hurt. I don't care if I don't ever come back." Climbing into the sidecar, I felt scared. But I stood firm in what I needed to do. "This is something I have to fix. Trent died. There's nothing else I can do...except this."

Ria gazes at me, then ignites the engine. A sly smile appears on her face as she puts on her shades again. "I like your fire. Kind of reminds me of myself."

She moves her hand to the knob, then pauses. "Krissa." She whispers.

I glance up at her. Wondering what in the world she's waiting for.