DATE?!

Jan. 28 Suspense lengthens minutes to hours, and hours to days.

Journal, I finally found you! I must have fallen asleep on New Year's Day, and then you fell into the corner and slid under my bed. I can't keep losing you like this. 

From now on, I'm keeping you in my school bag, so that wherever I go, I won't lose you. Anyways...

Journal, I can't believe it's already the end of the month. I've been running around, avoiding Juan in hallways, grabbing short conversations with Trent, and hanging out with Arlene everyday. She's been telling me all about the Valentine's Day dance that the student council has been talking about all week.

The big highlight of this year's V-dance was just announced today. I was sitting in my Chemistry class, waiting for the class to begin because the teacher hadn't arrived yet.

The speakers scratchily came on, "Students, this year, the boys of third and fourth year high school are encouraged to ask a girl as their date to the dance. So...go boys!" And then it turned off.

For one second, the class was silent. And then, it was as if fireworks went off as girls crashed from their sitting positions and into a seat next to their best friend to chat with excitement about who will be their dance. I'm sure half of the girls in my class were eyeing for Troy to be their date. I know, Journal, because he is that 'swag and smooth'. Every step he takes down the hall, every time he smiles, or even turns around, its as if everything was in a movie. And he was the star. I don't understand, but for me, I can't fall for 'mainstream' guys like that.

I felt my eyes focus on Trent sitting near the back with his friends. I guess, Journal, I fall for those courageous but quiet ones.

I wish he would ask me.

As soon as the thought came into my head, he caught my looking at him. My eyes widened and I slowly turned back to face the front. Then I lowered myself in my seat, hoping he won't see me as much.

Now my thoughts were rolling downhill:

I wish he didn't see me. I wish he didn't see me looking at him.

Because if he did see me catch his eye, things could get complicated.