Standing There

I was standing there. Frozen. Shocked by the questions and info that was going through my mind.

He was standing there, Journal. Standing there like he was a ghost or something. Standing there...like he was alive. Standing there and smiling at me.

"Trent." I whispered his name like the name itself had disappeared from existence. I whispered his name again like it was the mystery that had never been solved.

I moved my hand slowly to his arm, then pinched it. Then the IMPOSSIBLE HAPPEN-

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm.

He. Said. Ow.

I could touch his clothes. I could hear his voice. I could see him before me.

"What did you do that-whoa!" He spoke again, but this time, I didn't doubt anymore. He didn't finish because I dived into a hug.

His suit was neatly pressed. He smelled of fresh lemons.

He was real.

He was alive.

He was alive!

I couldn't help it, Journal. I cried. Crying on his shoulder, and getting his clean suit shoulder all wet.

I succeeded. I made it. I made it to the first cycle! The whole paths of time restarted again, and I came back to where it all started. To where I messed up the dance. To where Juan was mad at me. To where me and Trent were great friends. To where Trent was still alive!

"You're here." I whispered joyfully. I couldn't help it, Journal. I had to say it aloud! He was here. He was actually here. With me. Hugging me back.

And it hit me.

We. Were. Hugging.

I pulled away just as he whispered to me.
"Yeah, I'm here. I'm back...from my house?" He laughed. But he would never know that to me...he just came back to life.

I wiped my tears away as quick as I could. Gently enough to make sure my mascara was still okay.

And through all that...Arlene didn't see any of it. She kept on blabbering over the little things that didn't really matter.

She rubbed her temples, "Oh, the napkins were supposed to be shaped in hearts. They are all falling apart! This is going to be the worst dance ever!"

"No," I said, "It's great. It's going to be," I looked up at Trent, and smiled. Then exhaled. "...perfect."

What could be greater than Trent being alive and well and...my date?