epilogue pt. two

ten years later
***

Michael never thought that at twenty-seven years old he would already have three children. He expected that to happen later on in life, at least five years after him and Luke got married.

That wasn't the case.

He has married Luke right after college, both boys barely being twenty-two. They were as in love as they were in high school and it was so endearing to see them together still.

Two years later Luke was constantly begging Michael for a child. Michael, being the complete sap he was for his husband, finally agreed. Luke had left multiple hints, including Michael finding a pacifier in his coffee mug and then later on a stuffed teddy bear in his work case. They went and immediately tried to find a surrogate mother and went through the whole process, later leading to a set of twins. Dephina and Aquata joined the family and the dads love them so much. The two matured a lot at that moment. They had two babies in their family now and they couldn't exactly fuck on the kitchen counter anymore because of it.

They made sure to do all of the surrogate stuff in the ocean so that their kids would be able to have their own soulmates. Luke would not let Michael even search surrogate mother's on the internet. He didn't want his children to go through the same things that happened to him as a teenager.

Two years after that they had their third child with the same mother. Little Blue Clifford joined the family and Luke was so happy to have a boy. It was so exciting for both dads as they went through the whole process. It was tiring but it was worth it.

The twins had more of Luke's traits while Blue had Michael's traits. They had switched who was going to donate to the surrogate mothers so both had an equal chance. 

It was a little bit after having their third child that Calum and Ashton found out about them being underwater mythical creatures. The twins had a hard time controlling their powers at first and the one time their friends babysat, their daughters created a tsunami in the pool. Ashton called Luke crying and the two men went rushing home to their friend. It took a lot of explaining but Ashton and Calum finally calmed down.

"Michael?" Luke asked, breaking Michael out of his thoughts. Michael hadn't been paying attention as the family swam towards Luke's hometown. Michael had taken a break from writing his second book, the first one being about soulmates, and Luke took a break from his job at the local high school teaching marine biology to visit their family.

"What?" Michael asked. 

"Dad's been calling your name for like five minutes and you weren't answering," Aquata said smugly. She definitely had Luke's sass and only at three years old. 

"Don't be mean Aquata," Dephina said softly, glaring at her twin.

A"We're almost there. Can you carry Blue now? My arms are starting to hurt," Luke whined softly.

Michael nodded his head and grabbed their toddler out of his hands. Blue didn't know how to swim yet so they were helping him until then. They were in the ocean for the first time in a long time. Blue hadn't ever been but Delphina and Aquata had a few times prior. 

"I'm so excited to see Auntie Marina and Auntie Ana!" Delphina added in.

"They're gonna both look so pretty!" Aquata said, agreeing with her twin. 

That's why they were visiting. Luke's best friends were getting married and he was so excited for them. They had been together for ten years and were now just getting married. He didn't know why they had waited so long but he wasn't about to judge.

"I can't believe Luke and I are their maid of honors either," Michael added. They had been chosen and Luke had been so happy when he found out. 

Luke swam ahead of their small pod excitedly and Michael stayed back so that Aquata and Delphina wouldn't swim off. Aquata sped up quickly, her dark blue hair flowing behind her as she went and jumped onto her dad's back. Luke let out a squeal and grabbed onto his daughter. He started tickling her sides.

"Delphina! Help!" Aquata called out, laughing as Luke continued to attack her in endless tickles.

Delphina swam quickly to her sister and started tugging at Luke's arms, trying to get him to release her sister. Michael watched fondly as his family swam around. Ten years ago he never would've expected this happening at all. He loved his family so much. 

At seventeen years old he would've expected to maybe find a cute boy at this age but now he had a soulmate and three kids that he loved dearly. Luke had managed to change his whole life and he was eternally grateful for that. Luke had made him so happy and Michael couldn't wait to see what was waiting for them in the future. 

Luke noticed that his husband had stayed behind. He motioned for the girls to get off of him and to go play in a small patch of coral. He watched to make sure they made it safely before he turned to face Michael.

"I love you so much," Luke spoke up. The two had fallen a bit silent watching their daughters play in the makeshift playground.

"I love you too, Lukey," Michael said. 

The two kissed softly and stopped when they heard a noise of discontent come from Blue.

"I know Blue, Michael is gross," Luke whispered to their son.

Okay, so maybe Luke hadn't matured all the way, since they had kids, but Michael wouldn't have it any other way.

***

It's over :-( I feel so emotional. I started this book in December on my other account. I then switched all my homo stories to a new account aka this one and I wasn't expecting it to do that well but this is at 50k reads and I'm so grateful. I love you all so much and thank you for showing this book so much love. I'll be starting Silver Dust AFTER I finish PCD and 48 Hours which are basically almost done. I just want to take a small break from soulmate!muke just to finish those stories. It won't take long I promise, maybe a week. Again, I love you all so much and thank you for going on this journey with me!

-Lee