seventeen

Michael sat in Luke's living room awkwardly. He had heard about what had happened between the boy and Calum. His friend group was falling apart and it was because of the new blue-haired boy. Ashton and Calum were very upset and were working out (basically fucking) their couple issues and left Luke to contemplate what he had done wrong.

Luke's aunt had yelled for Luke to come down the stairs and now he was waiting for the blue-haired boy to show up. Michael had decided to show up and see how Luke was doing.

He heard the sound of heavy footsteps going down the stairs and saw a damp-headed, recently showered, Luke stumbling down the stairs. Michael felt bad for the boy. Luke looked so sad and the only other time he had seen him like that was when he called him childish.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asked, the same sad look still on his face.

"I came to see how you were doing," Michael responded honestly.

Luke walked over to the couch and quickly flopped down, practically on top of Michael and taking the black-haired boy by surprised. He shifted so he was in a more comfortable position and Luke was practically on his lap. Michael didn't know what to do.

"Cuddle me. I'm sad," Luke grumbled, grabbing Michael's hands, putting one hand in his blue hair and another on his waist.

Michael awkwardly complied and allowed the younger boy to cuddle into his arms. They sat in silence for a few seconds before Michael decided to speak up, "Why did you kiss Calum?"

"Don't talk about it. Just cuddle," Luke said, burying his face in Michael's neck. Michael felt the same warmth from earlier and really liked it. He liked holding Luke strangely enough. They hated each other about four days earlier but now they were cuddling.

"We have to talk about it Luke. You can't just kiss a boy that has a boyfriend and avoid it," Michael said softly, running his fingers through Luke's hair. He was trying to comfort Luke and he didn't know how well he was doing.

"I didn't mean to. I just thought Calum was my... Never mind. I just thought he was cute and that he'd automatically like me back and he'd leave Ashton but they really love each other. I should've never done it and I regret it so much but I can't help it. I'm a loving guy and it just happened," Luke admitted, biting at his lip nervously.

"I just wanted to kiss him to see if anything would happen but absolutely nothing. I felt nothing. I should've never done it. I wish I could apologize," Luke said sadly.

"I'm so sorry Luke but what you did was wrong. I know you know that but the first guy you see isn't going to be the one you fall in love with. You can definitely still apologize to the two. I think you just took them both by surprise. Fuck, I wasn't the one being kissed and I was even surprised," Michael said, making Luke blush.

"I'll apologize to them at school tomorrow. I just feel so embarrassed. I came here to Sydney to meet the love of my life and I jumped to the first guy I saw that was cute. That's so embarrassing," Luke said shyly, making Michael chuckle.

"I mean you were homeschooled and sheltered for seventeen years. I don't blame you. I'd try to jump on a cute boy as soon as possible too," Michael said, still laughing and Luke went red.

"You're such a basshole," Luke muttered, making Michael roll his eyes.

"Did you just insult me?" Michael asked, a teasing tone in his voice.

"Maybe," Luke mumbled, making Michael gasp in fake shock.

"You're going to regret that," Michael said, poking at Luke's sides and making him giggle.

"Stop," Luke said softly and Michael quickly did. He just wanted to see the blue-haired boy smile.

"Only if you keep smiling," Michael said, bopping his nose.

Luke's nose scrunched up as he looked at Michael fondly.

"Not even getting stung by a jellyfish could make me upset- actually it could. That's besides the point. Just don't tickle me again. I'll get you back if you do," Luke rambled, making Michael grin.

The black-haired boy had to admit that the ocean puns were growing on him. They were a bit exaggerated at times but he wasn't about to make the blue-haired boy cried again. Michael would feel awful if he did. 

"Like you'd be able to get me back. You'd be fish bait if you did. You like me too much to do anything," Michael said smugly, grinning at the boy who seemed surprised that he had tried to use one of his ocean terms. Michael had heard him say "fish bait" a few times and assumed he had used it correctly.

"You know what they say. Keep your friends close and your anemones closer," Luke said casually, shrugging his shoulders. He was amused by the words that had left Michael's mouth and knew them being friends made him say it. His personality was rubbing off on Michael.

"Don't you mean enemies?" Michael asked.

"Yeah. That," Luke said, hiding his face in Michael's shoulder again because he was blushing.

Michael didn't say anything else and just held the boy, glad that he wasn't upset anymore. The boy had been too upset his past two weeks in the high school and it was mainly because of him. He didn't want Luke to be upset because of the two people that originally liked him in the first place.

"Do you think Calum and Ashton will actually forgive me on Monday?" Luke asked softly, his voice mumbled by the fabric of Michaels shirt.

"Most likely. But if not, bring brownies. That'll always make them forgive you," Michael suggested, making Luke sigh.

"How do I get brownies?" Luke asked, not really sure what they were. He knew they were some type of sweet food but he had no idea on what they looked like or what was in them.

"We can make them if you want. It's fun and easy," Michael said, Luke smiling at the black-haired boy that was willing to help.

"Okay! Let's do it," Luke said, quickly getting off of Michael and motioning for the older boy to get up.

Michael felt strangely cold after Luke had gotten up. He had expected it since he lost a source of heat but it was much more extreme than if Calum or Ashton had gotten up.

He always felt so warm and fuzzy around Luke and he just wanted an explanation on why.

***

I didn't feel like updating any other story besides this one. I told y'all Muke would happen but you all were so concerned on Cake. I swear none of y'all have faith in me. (This is sarcastic. Don't think I'm being rude. Again, this is sarcastic.)

I posted new chapters to my new story Anonymous and it's YouTuber!calum and band member!michael and you guys should check it out if you haven't because it's gonna be super cute and it has the cutest plot.

I figured out how to add six more chapters into this book so it's going to be longer than what it originally was and so much cute stuff is going to happen. Be prepared. Xx

-malumdictionary