thirty

If you saw my post about Luke dying like Michael's mom, don't worry. It won't happen. I've gotten a few messages but I just said it to freak Trish out. <33333

***

Michael stood on the dock, looking down at Luke who already in the water. He felt like he was going to throw up. He had avoided going to the beach with his friends for years and here he was with a boy he had only known for a little over three weeks.

Luke was stretching out his fins, waiting for Michael to get in. They had gone to the little private beach area near his aunt's house and were the only ones there.

"Please Michael. I got you. You won't get hurt. I promise," Luke pleaded. He felt so bad that Michael was so scared but he wanted the boy to learn to love the water.

"Do you promise?" Michael asked, looking down at Luke.

Luke nodded his head quickly and excitedly, holding his hands out. Michael gulped, taking off his shoes. He climbed down the ladder and allowed the water to surround him. He could stand in the water without going under but it didn't ease his nerves.

Luke grabbed his hand and pulled the older boy closer to him. They waited the minute and soon Michael's tail was against the ocean floor.

"Our scales look more blue in the water," Michael commented, looking down at his tail.

"No shrimp Sherlock," Luke groaned.

"Don't get sassy with me," Michael said, pinching Luke's hip playfully.

Michael looked down at the ocean floor and tried to remain calm. His mum died here. He could too. He flipped his tail slightly and watched as the sand covered the soft scales.

If Luke managed to live under the water, then the survival rate must've been decent.

"I'm just thinking that we should go and visit a few things near the surface, and not go too far. You'll probably flop a bit but then you'll get the hang of it," Luke suggested.

Michael shrugged his shoulders, not really knowing how to respond. He was trying his hardest not to panic but it was becoming increasingly difficult. Especially when he saw a time little crab crawl across his tail.

Michael quickly jumped up into Luke's arms and buried his face into Luke's neck. He squeezed the blue-haired boy tightly and Luke just held him in his arms. Luke forgot how heavy tails were and tried to make it look easy as he held Michael bridal style.

"You've got to be kidding me. That's the smallest little crab I've ever seen. It's minuscule. I promise I won't let you get hurt," Luke said, squeezing Michael tighter.

"Are you sure?" Michael asked.

"I mean I did say that I promised," Luke said, grinning a bit once Michael rolled his eyes at him.

Luke set Michael down, watching as his tail flopped down again.

Luke started showing Michael how his tail would work right away and of course, Michael did a few barrel rolls and swam sideways for a bit. Luke just sat back and thought about how great karma was. He then showed Michael how to use his tail correctly.

Luke showed Michael that he could actually breathe underwater and it took Michael a few tries of putting his head underwater before he actually tried to breathe. It just felt weird to him that he thought he had almost drowned but nothing would've actually happened.

It also took Luke a bit of convincing to get Michael away from the shore but he promised that Michael wouldn't get hurt and Michael made sure Luke kept that promise. He held on to the blue-haired boy tightly as they went farther out. Luke whispered relaxing words in his ear and soon Michael was okay with swimming by himself.

The two were soon on their way farther out at sea. Luke took Michael underwater and started pointing things out to him. He gave him a few basic facts and Michael was in awe. They were swimming a lot slower than Luke normally would but he didn't mind.

Luke swam closer to a giant piece of coral that was sticking out and showed Michael some of the seahorses and other fish that were around.

"This is so cool," Michael huffed our, watching as a little seahorse swam past his shoulder.

"Try sending a mental message," Luke suggested.

Michael followed Luke's request and soon he was hearing a small 'hello' from the seahorse that was in front of him.

"We can't talk to them and they can't talk to us but we can still communicate. We live in a harmony of some sort. With the nice fish at least," Luke explained.

He took Michael to the area where he used to swim to with Marina and Ana. He told Michael the significance and the two sat down on the flat rock, their tails hanging beneath them. It wasn't too far from mainland and Michael didn't seem to mind it because of that.

"This is my favorite place to think. It's so quiet and a lot less of the hustle of the city. I came here once or twice while being on land and it was mainly when I was stressed over not finding my soulmate. I think it's all incredible. Like you were born with another half and that person compliments you so well. They understand you and I think that's great," Luke said softly. He grabbed Michael's hand in his and the two looked out to the vast ocean in front of them.

There were a few stray fish but they were the only ones around for miles. Michael hadn't thought it before, but the ocean was definitely beautiful. A comfortable silence fell upon them. Mainly because of Michael who was just thinking about everything that had happened just that day. He glanced over at Luke and saw the smaller boy playing with a fish that had swam by.

This was all so new but Michael didn't think it was bad.

"Thank you," Michael spoke up, making Luke look away from the fish and towards him.

"For what?" Luke asked.

"Just for showing me this. This is incredible. I still feel nauseous but a little less. If a shark shows up I'm swimming far, far away. Other than that, this is really peaceful and breathe taking and I love it," Michael responded.

Luke smiled and leaned into Michael, pressing his lips to his soulmate's softly.

"Don't worry. We can swim about five times faster than a shark," Luke said. He was grinning and Michael couldn't help but do the same.

The black-haired boy wrapped his arms around Luke and felt content. He liked feeling their bare skin pressed together and he really liked the warmth he was feeling from being close to Luke.

He couldn't believe that he had such a phobia of the ocean just the day before and now here he was underneath the surface with a tail. This was definitely new and would take a lot of getting used to but he didn't mind.

Even more so with the fact that he had despised Luke at first. He had found the boy annoying and kind a nuisance but it's because he never gave him the chance and immediately shut him out. Michael actually liked that Luke was his soulmate and couldn't wait to see what it had in store.

***

Ok ok ok this was kind of a weird ending. Only two chapters left I'm agh

I started a giveaway for my other wattpad account but I'm extending it on to here. It will last a month. It's on my Twitter account @ malumwritings and it will have all the rules but basically it includes a notebook and some cute other things. Pls enter I don't want it to flop.

-Lee