epilogue pt. one

Luke died.

Well at least he felt dead. His muscles ached and he just wanted to get out of the water to cuddle his boyfriend. It was his final meet for his senior year and he was trying to beat his record. And the national record.

He hadn't swam this strongly since a jellyfish started chasing him when he was twelve years old. His muscles were aching but he looked up and only a few feet more. Only a few feet.

Luke reached his hand out one final time and his fingers touched the smooth linoleum of the tiled pool wall. He had finally made it. He could relax.

The blue-haired boy took his time getting out of the water before hoisting himself up and over the edge. He collapsed on the tiles but that didn't last long. He was raised up and he felt hands all over his body and he was in the air.

Luke's eyes went wide as his teammates lifted him up and cheered. The boy glanced to the scoreboard and saw that he had beaten the original record by five seconds. That was a huge deal.

He was soon set down, thank cod. He had actually beaten the record. That was incredible. He felt so proud of himself.

Michael watched from afar, before deciding to walk up to his boyfriend. He snuck up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist. Luke let out a small squeak but relaxed once he recognized the arms.

"You did so good baby," Michael said, pressing a light kiss to Luke's cheek.

Luke hummed and pressed himself against Michael's chest.

Calum and Ashton then followed and came up to congratulate Luke. Calum had been an assistant coach this season instead of actually swimming. He had fractured a bone in his leg and hadn't been able to get him or his cast wet. That led to him helping Luke throughout the season and it felt like a victory to the both of them.

"Luke, you did amazing! You were about a person's length away from everyone!" Ashton said. He had been watching Luke -well mainly his boyfriend who was yelling at Luke to continue on the sidelines- swim and was astonished by what he had done.

"Thanks Ash," Luke said. He had a faint blush on his cheeks as he grinned widely.

"I think we're going to a diner to celebrate with the team," Calum said, pointing to the teammates that were now starting to huddle up.

"Michael, I know this is planning in advance but we should cuddle after. My legs hurt and I want you to rub them," Luke said, turning towards his boyfriend who was still wrapped around him.

"Okay. I hope it's a good restaurant though. The last one we went to was pretty gross," Michael commented.

The team had decided to go to a seafood bar as a sort of joke or pun about swimming but it ended awfully for both Luke and Michael. Their sense of smell had been heightened and they were gagging the whole time.

"I promise that I will make sure I get a say on where we go. I don't need my boyfriend puking instead of making out with me," Luke said. His comment made Michael laugh loudly and it echoed slightly in the natatorium. Luke liked Michael's laugh.

Michael definitely thought Luke had matured in the last year. It wasn't anything bad, he just became more accustomed to the land and wasn't scared every time he saw a bike coming towards him on the sidewalk.

Luke really liked living on land which was a good thing and was even considering colleges with some type of swimming scholarship. He liked the high school a lot and he liked being with Michael (and maybe Calum and Ashton) a lot. He was just so happy and now he had won a state and national title. This would've never happened if he stayed in the ocean.

"Who said I was going to make out with you in the first place?" Michael asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He wanted to see Luke beg a bit before he agreed.

"I did, Daddy," Luke whispered. He stood up on his toes a bit to whisper it into his boyfriend's ear and Michael went stoic.

The only response Luke got was a pinch to his speedo-clad thigh.

***

Luke jumped onto his bed, landing directly on his boyfriend that was already laying down. A loud screech was heard from the bed sliding slightly to the left and a loud groan was heard escaping Michael's lips.

Luke had starfished himself on top of the boy and now he was struggling to regain his breath. He didn't mind though because Luke then moved to hang onto him. Michael wrapped his arms around the blue-haired boy and pulled him almost impossibly closer.

"That hurt, baby blue," Michael said softly, running his fingers through Luke's hair.

Luke hummed contently, knowing that Michael wouldn't do anything about it.

"Not exactly sorry. You're still cuddling me," Luke stated. He knew Michael didn't really care and he was going to use that to his advantage. He had Michael wrapped around his fin.

"Do you want me to leave?" Michael asked, starting to slowly detach himself. He started to prolong it as much as possible just to see what Luke would do.

Luke immediately fisted Michael's shirt and pulled him down on top of him. He wrapped his legs around Michael's waist and made sure the black-haired boy stayed down.

"Okay, okay. I guess I'll stay," Michael huffed.

Luke laughed, knowing that Michael wouldn't want to leave in the first place. Luke grabbed Michael's hand and brought it up to his head, much like the first time they had cuddled. Michael started running his fingers through the soft blue locks and Luke felt so content.

"You know I love you, right?" Luke asked softly. He broke the silence the two had somewhat fallen into. The only sound prior was the sound of Michael's heart beating rapidly and their occasional sharp intakes of air.

"I love you too, baby blue."

***

One more part. I'm not ready. I feel so emo just thinking about it. I might cry a bit. What I have planned will be great :-) (if I don't actually cry too much the whole time I write it and decide to update Anonymous instead)

-Lee