ten

Luke kept giggling at the fact that Ariel used a fork to brush her hair. Luke was so glad he hadn't messed up that badly on land just yet. He probably would've taken a long walk off a short pier and swam home if that had occurred to him. He wouldn't care about having a soulmate anymore. He'd be too embarrassed.

Luke watched as the little yellow fish talked for the umpteenth time in the movie. He thought it was cute but now it was just plain unrealistic. Fish didn't talk in the ocean. They sent mental messages and Luke wished the creators of the movie had been accurate. They should've had a real mermaid write the script. Luke started to think that he should look into that. Film writing. He'd be the best mermaid movie maker of all time.

"This is so stupid, fish can't talk," Luke muttered, noticing Flounder swimming up to the surface to talk to Ariel, "And neither can crabs."

"Give me a fucking break, oh my god," Michael said loudly, throwing his head back and releasing the most annoyed groan of the whole night. He had heard Luke make the stupidest comments all night and he couldn't take it anymore.

"You're so fucking annoying Luke Hemmings. I don't see why Calum and Ashton still put up with you. I understand helping you the first day of school but it's been a week. They should've dropped you already. You're so annoying and you do a bunch of ocean references for no fucking reason-" Michael rambled insults but was caught off by Luke.

"Why are you insulting my vocabulary?" Luke asked sadly, he couldn't help that he grew up with ocean terminology. This was how everyone spoke back at home.

"It's so annoying Luke. I don't understand how that became your everyday vocabulary but it's awful. Can you not talk like a normal human being?"

Luke was wishing that Calum and Ashton would come back from "blowing each other" or whatever that meant and would defend him. They always would stop Michael from being so rude. Luke was about to cry. He could feel the salty tears start to roll down his face.

"You're so childish Luke. You're even crying. You can't take criticism at all," Michael huffed.

"This is not criticism. Those are insults! Why are you so mean, you snakehead?" Luke argued. He stood up from the couch so that he could be looking down at Michael. He wanted the black haired boy to feel smaller, weaker.

"I wish you'd go back to the pits of the ocean or wherever you came from. You'd be a lot less annoying there," Michael grumbled.

Luke had multiple tears rolling down his face. One made its way to the blue haired boy's lips and he licked at it awkwardly so that he'd get rid of the tears. Luke tasted the familiar salty flavor that he breathed in quite often. Salt water. Luke was crying salt water. Salt water had gotten on him. He looked at Michael who was glaring at him once more before taking off sprinting to the bathroom where Ashton had showed him it was when he was walking in.

"Only cowards run away!" Michael yelled after the sprinting boy.

"Only cowards insult others!" Luke yelled back before slamming the bathroom door shut. Not even twenty seconds later, he was face down on the floor with his tail outstretched behind him. It felt weird to have his tail out of water and Luke was flopping and suffering.

Luke moved his hand, summoning water to come out of the sink and to float down to his tail so that his scales would stay moist until he stopped crying and could get the salt water off of him. He really hated Michael. Michael made him hostile and made him cry. He insulted him and was the human Ursula. Luke hated Ursula and Luke hated Michael.

***

This was kind of weird ending idk. I literally left Luke flopping on Ashton's bathroom floor but yeah. Also snakeheads are really ugly fish and basically when Luke calls Michael that he's low key shading him. I was like 90% sure you guys didn't know what a snakehead was (I didn't know what it was until I looked up ugly fish like an hour ago) but yeah :-)

-malumdictionary