twenty-one

I am much more a fairy stan than I am a mermaid stan and I've been considering doing a girl!sos fairy fanfic after I finish a lot of the stories I have now so please tell me what you think and it'll be cool yeah.

***

Luke struggled to put on the shoes Michael had given him. They were "bowling" or whatever that was and the person that sold them the game asked for Luke's shoe size. Luke didn't know his shoe size.

Michael had been back and forth three times trying to find the shoes that would fit and he was getting frustrated. Luke could tell.

"Just get me a full size bigger Michael. I'm about the same size as you," Luke tried to argue.

Michael sighed, grabbing the pair of shoes and walking back to the counter. If the next pair didn't fit Luke would be stuck going in his socks. He was not going to take another trip.

He walked up to the counter and asked for the next size up, ignoring the eyes rolled in his direction by the teenage girl, before taking the pair of shoes back to Luke. Michael didn't see why she was complaining. They were the only people there so it wasn't like the place was busy.

He placed them in Luke's hand and Luke quickly tugged them on, finally satisfied that they fit.

"Can you help me tie my shoes?" Luke asked shyly, Michael groaned but complied anyways and got down on his knees to help the blue-haired boy.

He tied the laces quickly, soon standing up and brushing his knees off from the hypothetically dirty floor.

Luke stood up next to him and Michael lead him over to the rack of the bowling balls.

"Choose one of the lighter ones. Those are easier to throw," Michael explained.

Luke complied and reached for a pretty sky blue one that matched his hair. He held it in his hands and deemed that it weighed about twelve shells and was the perfect weight for him to use.

Michael grabbed a dark green one off the shelf and lead Luke to the alley they had rented. He motioned for Luke to sit down while he typed in the information.

The names Fishy and Mikey popped up on the screen and Luke grinned when he noticed.

"You're going first Luke," Michael said, pointing to the empty track.

The pins set themselves up and Luke stood on the platform. He took a few steps forward but stopped when he heard a buzzer going off. The blue-haired jumped back, almost dropping the ball, and the buzzer stopped.

"You can't cross the line," Michael said, motioning to the white line painted on the floor.

Luke nodded his head and watched for the white line as he set his feet. He looked at the pins that seemed in further away than originally, waiting for him to somehow knock the down. "How do I get this ball here to those pins over there?" Luke asked out loud, not really sure on how to get it to work.

He could most likely will the ball over but there were two too many humans there to do so.

Michael groaned, before getting up and made his way to Luke. He set his bowling ball down in the retriever and turned to Luke.

"Have you never gone bowling?" Michael asked but he should have known the answer by the way the blue-haired boy had been clueless the whole time.

"Okay," Michael sighed, "This is what you do. You put your pointer finger in this hole, your middle finger in this hole and your thumb in this hole. You swing your arm back and release it once your arm crosses the white line," Michael explained quickly, hoping Luke would understand and the he wouldn't have to show him.

Luke tried to remember and follow Michael's instructions but instead of getting the 'strike' as Michael had said earlier, his ball made its way into the gutter not even five feet after being released.

"Wait until the ball comes back," Michael said softly. The ball was soon rolling down the silver contraption and into the receiver. 

"I'll help you this time," Michael said, positioning Luke in the stance he should be in and getting behind him.

Michael grabbed on to his hand and felt the same warmth he felt every other time. He swung both of their arms back and swung forward, the ball flying out of their hands and making its way down the alley to hit two pins.

"Michael! We hit two of the pins! We're ready to go professional. How do you feel about 'Luke and the Hammerheads' being our team name? I like it. We can get matching letterman jackets and with cute patches," Luke said excitedly.

Okay, so maybe they had watched Grease the night before and Luke was now obsessed with the ideas of letterman jackets but Michael wasn't about to point it out. Luke may have put the team name the night before but he' never admit to it.

"I think we'll need more practice, FIshy. At this rate we'll be scoring a twenty and we need at least a two-hundred to go pro," Michael said, "We'll obviously need more practice."

"Okay. How about practice every day after school for three hours?" Luke asked, making Michael grin.

"I get it. I get it. You just love being around me," Michael said softly, Luke rolling his eyes at the boy in front of him.

"I guess I can tolerate you a bit," Luke said, "You're more decent than those sharkbaits at school."

"I'd say the same to you too Fishy. You still have one more turn though until I go."

"Will you help me again? Just until I get the hand of it," Luke asked, his eyes going wide and giving Michael his best sea otter eyes possible.

"I guess so. Grab the ball and set up how I told you," Michael said quickly, Luke following his orders.

Michael got behind him and again the warm feeling was back. Michael liked it but he would never admit to it out loud and definitely not to Luke. He just got over the fact that he didn't want to strangle the boy just last week or so and he didn't want to find a reason to want to again.

***

They went bowling I cry. I posted the prologue to two new stories I'll be starting by the end of this month. Bittersweet Tragedy which is Muke and The Curse of Calum which is Malum which is what you guys voted for.

I had a very busy weekend but sorry it took so long to update. I hope you guys are all doing excellent and I'll update again soon. Xx

-malumdictionary

(WATTPAD DELETED THIS AND I HAD TO TYPE IT AGAIN I CRY)