I n t r u s i o n

S o n g : L o v e A s A W e a p o n - L i t t l e S c r e a m

C h a p t e r XLV
V i r i d i a n

After working on my quick reflexes and building up my strength for the day, I made my way back to Kenna. Saffron had been staying with us for a few days now, and after showing me what she could do, I was less hesitant on leaving my little beast with her. I had to go out into the rock mountains far away at the other side of the forest so even I wasn't able to hear if anything was wrong.

However, the moment I was in range, I could smell it. I could smell him. Not to mention the power running through my veins shook me to the core once again.

Obsidian.

My chest was tight as I ran as fast as I could to my house. I ripped open the glass door connected to the living room, a growl erupting inside of me so violently it shook the glass panels as it roared out.

"Whoa, ferocious."

My eyes flickered around the scene in desperation, my eyebrows pulling together confusedly. Kenna was seated at the breakfast bar while Saffron was sprawled out on the couch watching me with wide blue eyes.

And Obsidian was... cooking?

"There he is --I was wondering when you would show your cute little face." Obsidian grinned, turning around to reveal Kenna's unused pink flowery apron on his practically naked body. "I hope you do not mind, I had spilled someone's blood on me during my lunch... so, I decided to stop by and grab myself a change of clothes."

"Kenna!" I snapped, "Get behind me!" My voice ordered her without any room for argument.

Kenna rolled her hazel eyes, "Okay, but after Obsidian is done with the stir fry. I've been waiting for it for like an hour." She looked over at the food on the stove, collapsing into the breakfast bar, "It looks so good." Her voice moaned as I shook my head, trying to un-see the things I was seeing.

"Found the little love and her friend complaining about how you hadn't left any food for them." Obsidian began to explain, keeping his back to me. "Couldn't leave them hungry. I was taught better than that. Manners, you understand?"

Was he threatening me? Was this his way of showing me could get to me anytime?

"You should add chicken on your grocery list. It seems I used up the last bit." He turned the stove off, making Kenna squeal excitedly. "I do apologize for the intrusion, of course."

"What..." I frowned. Nothing about him was making me feel as if in danger.

Besides the overwhelming power between us, it was as if walking in and finding a friend eating all of your food wearing only their underwear. It was strange but it didn't make you feel the need to call for help.

"Come on, kid." Obsidian gestured to me, "There's enough for everyone."

Kenna helped him make up the plates as they chatted like old friends. "This smells delicious, Obsidian."

"Thank you, love. The secret is to add a pinch of coco powder. Brings those sweet spices right out." He winked, "Come on, tiny creature. No skipping out on eating --it's not healthy for such a tiny girl like you." He scolded, walking to the dining room.