H e a d a c h e

S o n g : B a d B l o o d - T a y l o r S w i f t

C h a p t e r XII
M a k e n n a

"Did uh- that hot guy find you, by the way? I forgot to ask." Stephanie asked casually as she pulled her unruly hair up into a high ponytail.

I frowned, rubbing my suddenly sore head again, "Who? But no, no one found me. I just found the path I had taken and followed it back to the road." I explained quickly, letting my pounding head fall into my arms on my bed.

"Kenna, maybe you should go to the doctors..." Steph's voice sounded worried as I felt her eyes on me. "That headache doesn't seem to be getting better and it's been three days."

I rolled over onto my back, "I'll be fine. It's not like it's constantly hurting. It's on and off." My breath released loudly as I mentally prepared to get up for the day with a groan.

"Do you want me to wait for you?" Her pretty green eyes caught mine as she slipped on her shoes.

I shook my head, throwing her a wave as she left out the door. Steph and I were friends, but we weren't like those friends that acted like close sisters. She had her friends and I had mine. Of course we hung out every once in awhile at home and talked outside of our residence, but we liked different things and it just worked out better that way. Besides, she was gorgeous, I wasn't at her level by a long shot.

Quickly throwing my brown lifeless hair in a loose braid, I pulled on an older white cropped t-shirt and a pair of badly shredded, white-washed jeans -not in the mood to even try to look somewhat serious for my education. My head was killing me as I tied on the black plaid flannel shirt around my waist. I knew it was September but my body felt like all the leaves had already fallen from the trees. I must had gotten a cold being out in the woods all night. My body was horribly heavy and my head weighed even more. It was a miracle I woke up at all.

†⚜†

"You look horrible," Samuel chuckled as I plopped down into the seat beside him and Bastian.

"Shut-up." I moaned, resting my cheek on the cold table. So much for being cold; I was over heating now. I hated being sick. "Why is it so f*cking hot outside?" My voice hissed out irritatedly, swiping off the beads of sweat forming on my forehead.

"Cuz' you're wearing this dirty ugly thing," Bastian crinkled his nose, picking up the plaid shirt as if it were a Kleenex.

I rolled my eyes, groaning as the slight movement caused yet another headache. I felt like I was dying as I held my head in my hands and practically sobbed. Of course, my so-called friends were no help; they just smiled amusedly at my pain.

"What's up with Kenna? Headache still?" I heard a familiar small voice ask first before I saw the tiny lilac coloured haired girl cock her head to the side in wonder; her blue eyes watching me silently.

"Yup. I think I'm dying." I told Malory as she nodded as if completely understanding.

"Gotcha." She turned back to Samuel, "I was wondering if you could help me with this poem I'm writing. English Lit is honestly kicking my butt and you're like a writing genius..."

I watched with narrowed eyes as they left me without so much as a goodbye wave.

Then there were only two.

"So Bas-"

"Oh shit, Blake messaged me!" He looked at me with wide pale blue eyes. "Sorry, princess. I've gotta go." Placing a fast kiss on my cheek, he practically skipped off into the sunset...leaving me in the rain.

Stupid, friends. Who needed 'em?

"You look horrible."

I frowned as the headache grew worse from the sound of the guys voice. "I've heard. God. Your voice is sickening. Like it's literally making me want to vomit." Deciding to finally look up, I was caught in viridian coloured -amused yet angry- eyes.

My head literally thudded as I looked at the asshole.

"But really, you look horrible, Kenna." His eyebrows furrowed as concern crossed his stern facial expression.

This was a joke, right? I mean, all of my friends didn't care and then the one guy I could not stand...did?

I narrowed my eyes at his curious face, "Oh, I wasn't aware we were on first name bases, Dick." My head was literally splitting now. I could hardly hold up my snarky attitude at the rate it was going.

I might have imagined it, but I thought I heard him growl warningly from the back of his throat. "My name isn't Dick." His jaw clenched annoyedly while his green eyes darkened.

"Really? I'm sorry, I could have sworn it was-"

†⚜†

Sorry couldn't find the actual song! But he's amazing so eh why not.
Malory's picture above :) just picture blue eyes :)
Thanks for reading!!