Chapter 5 friends for the night

Start from the beginning

'Im sorry for everything. I really am. Can we just try to be friends tonight and move past this? I really miss you. A lot.'
I reread the message and the name multiple times before thinking of a reply.

'Sure as long as you stop trying to hit on me and stop being a jerk.'

Moments later I got a reply.

'I wouldn't be jerk a purposely. And I promise I won't hit on you anymore. No matter what.'

'Okay then I guess we can try to be friends for tonight.'

'Thank you :)'

I don't reply back but I look over at austin who's smiling out the window with his earbuds stuck in his ears. I smile and sink back into my music.

I'm awoken by Alex ripping the earbuds from my ears.
"What the hell Alex?!"
"Were here loser!" He screams and I stick my tongue out at him. He mimics me and I open the car door stepping out into the cold night. We all walk through the parking lot and to the ticket booth, standing in a line of teenagers awaiting their nightmares to come alive. Once we all buy the tickets, which Robert insisted to pay for mine, we waited for the gates to open.
"Let's split up into pairs well be less likely to get mobbed by monsters with a smaller group." Zach says.
"I choose Alex!" Sarah screams grabbing ahold of her boyfriend. I roll my eyes playfully.
"Awe but I wanted Alex!" I pouted and Sarah laughs.
"I call mackenzie!" Austin screams holding my arm, I look at him confused but he just smiles at me.
"Well it looks like it's just me and you zachy." Robert says and they open up the gates.
Tonight should be interesting. I think to myself. We all split up to go to different mazes and rides. Austin and I decide to run to ghost rider so we can do that ride first, on the way there we ran into several monsters who snarled in our ears or popped out of nowhere scaring the crap out of both austin and I. The crowd was huge so I grabbed Austin's hand to stay with him, there was no way I was getting lost tonight. No fucking way. I would rather lose my legs, or arms, or even my eye before I got lost in this place. We finally made it to the ride and got in line, since we ran there wasn't a lot of people waiting in line yet so we were good to go.
"So why did you pick me as your partner?" I ask austin once were settled in line.
"Because I wanted to make it up to you and like I said I missed you, so I decided we should hang out tonight."
"Oh." I decide to say. Moments later were loaded onto the cart and strapped in, all the seats are full except the ones behind us. I'm a little confused but I shrug it off. We shoot off and get through half the ride before the cart stops on a curve and two monsters jump in the seats behind us. I scream and the cart drops down a step hill as the monsters mess with us the rest of the ride until we get to the end when the cart stops once again and the monsters jump off. We get back into the station and I scramble to get back out of the cart. I race down the steps after grabbing my purse, leaving austin to race after me. I look at our photo and smile to myself, my hair is everywhere and I'm half screaming half laughing, austin on the other hand is smiling looking directly at me. I walk over to the counter and tell the clerk our number buying a small photo. I'm finished paying and combing out my hair with my fingers when austin finally makes it down the steps.
"What took you so long?" I mock.
"Sorry there was a mahomie and she wanted a photo." He says smiling. He really loved his fans, more than himself, more than his life. It was truly an amazing thing to see. I smiled and linked arms with him.
"Mazes?" I ask and he nods with his smile wider than before as we make out way to the nearest maze. The first one was the arcade maze, I remembered this one from last year, it was one of the ones that scared me shitless.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Austin asked me for the tenth time while we waited in line.
"Yes austin for the millionth time, I promised myself I was going to do every maze even if it killed me." I reply back rolling my eyes. We get to the front of the line and they take a quick photo of us before we are aloud to walk in, the second we step inside I'm reminded of why this one scared me so much, each corner there is a guy hidden who jumps out right in front of you, sometimes they wait and jump out right behind you. We walk cautiously hand in hand only hearing the distant screams of the other people in the maze and our hearts rapidly beating. I turn the last corner slowly waiting for guy to pop out and when no one does I become even more afraid. We get to the very end about to walk out when a guy jumps down from the top of the door frame with a chainsaw. I scream and jump into austin chest and he holds me close to him as we continue walking out. We decide to do a show before another maze and I remember a funny one down by the boardwalk section of knotts. The only problem: it was the clown section and I'm terrified of clowns.
"Are you sure about this?" Austin asks me as we make out way down to the theater.
"Yeah it'll be okay." I brush off my fear.
"Well I don't think you want a repeat of what happened in the last maze." He said laughing at me.
"Shut up!" I playfully slapped him laughing. "That was scary!" We continue to walk hand in hand, neither one of us never let go after the last maze and to be honest I was actually okay with it. I was having a good time tonight. I was actually having a good time with austin mahone. We sit through the show about a girl with a cursed tattoo, we laugh a little and then it's over. Walking out of the theater austin grabs my hand again I look up at him confused.
"Sorry." He says shyly pulling his hand away. I grab his hand again.
"No it's okay." I say and he smiles. We continue walking when I see them. Josh and Ashley.
Fuck. I cursed under my breath.
"What's wrong?" Austin asked me.
"Kiss me." I said as they got closer.
"What?" He asked clearly confused.
"Just kiss me." I said and he brought his lips to mine slightly brushing over them before he pressed his soft lips to mine. His fingers intertwined with my hair and I brought my hands to his hair gently tugging at the strands at the nape of his neck, our lips moved in sync and he pulled our bodies closer. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance and the minute I let him in he explored my mouth, our tongues fighting for dominance, which he won of course. Our little makeout session lasted a few more minutes when I remembered why I kissed him again. I remembered what was going on and I pulled off of austin. I looked around to see if they were still there and sighed in relief they were gone.
"So are you going to explain why you made me kiss you or what?"
"We're going to forget it ever happened." I say and walk to the nearest maze not caring if austin follows or not. We continue the night with no further conversations, not until we got a text from Alex saying to meet at the front. That's the only time austin spoke to me the rest of the night.
"Alex wants to meet up front." He said.
"Okay let's go." I reply and he nods. We get to the front of the park and meet up with the rest of the crew to pile into the range rover.
"Let's go get something to eat!" Sarah says once were all in the car.
"It's two am babe nothings going to be open." Alex says.
"Denny's!" Sarah screams as we drive past one. Robert turns around and parks in the practically empty parking lot. We all run inside and pack ourselves into a small booth to wait for the waitress to take our order. Once we all order the conversations about tonight start.
"We did every maze and show." Sarah brags.
"We did every maze twice and some of the shows." Robert bragged.
"We did the mazes and a show." I mumbled just wanting to eat and go home.
"What?" Zach asked but was interrupted by the lady bringing out our food. Silence filled the table as we scarfed down every last bite.
"So how about we spend the night at my place?" Austin asks the group as we all finish.
"Sounds good to me." Robert agrees and Zach nods.
"I'm okay with it." Sarah says.
"I have no choice." Alex laughs and everyone looks at me.
"I guess." I grumble and they all cheer earning us dirty looks from the tired workers. We get up paying the bill and pile back into Austin's car in the same seats as we rode in. I instantly plugged my earbuds in and let my music fill the quietness of the car.