Chapter 39

"Are you going to tell me or not?"

Xavier plopped in to the bed beside me. "Yeah I guess." He was playing with the extra pillow, throwing it up and back down. That was until I snatched it and gave him an icy look.

"Mennigin is stepping down. He took Hudson off of the board and.."

"And?"

"He made you acting CEO."

"What?" My eyes widen and I gasped in horror. "Why?"

"Mennigin doesn't approve of Cara and Hudson was...is careless towards the company." He pointed out.

"Yeah well I don't like him with her either." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing, continue."

He snatched the pillow back and added it under his head that was already cushioned with two other pillows. "You want another one your highness?" I said utterly annoyed.

He shushed me and continued.

"Hudson didn't like it and well you saw what happened tonight."

I got up from my place. "I'm CEO?"

"ACTING CEO, do you not hear properly?"

"I don't want to be Xavi it isn't even my place." I couldn't be CEO, someone from this family who actually was a Taylor had the right to be.. Not me.

"You aren't yet.. He has to announce it first and formally step down. But the paperwork is all finalized." He got up too and walked to me. "You don't have to do much, just sign a few things and Ryan will walk you throught the rest. Besides it won't last long."

I was confused at what he said. "What do you mean it won't last?"

"You have to choose a new CEO from the board."

"How can I? I don't know them." I exclaimed.

"Basically you have to choose from your brothers."

So thats what all of this was about. Grandpa couldn't make the decision so he asked me too. "What about Hudson?" I was concerned but after the show he put up I cared a little less.

"He's not in the running but you're CEO, you can do whatever you want." He took me under his arm. "Don't worry."

Yeah, right.

One mistake and I could ruin this family and the brotherhood all together. God.

"Clyde had the Authority of Power." He added.

"The what?"

"If you can't make a decision than Clyde will."

This was a little too overwhelming and I now understood why Xavier and Grandpa kept it from me. "Listen." He whispered.

I looked up to his glowing eyes.

"Go talk to Grandpa." He was right. I needed to, besides Grandpa had a very rough night.

I nodded and he kissed me cheek slightly reminding me again of what I had deprived him of.

I caught Clyde coming out the Grandpas room. "Is he awake?"

"Yes." Clyde warmly smiled.

I walked in to see him sitting in bed reading a book to the light from the lamp. "That's gonna hurt your eyes." I smiled.

"Child when your my age, it really doesn't matter." He chuckled. He patted on a space beside him. "Come here."

I sat down right besides him. "I'm sorry about Hudson..."