Chapter 25 - Part II

It only takes a moment to change your life, FOREVER.

His legs covered with black trousers sprinted toward me, that was all I could see through my hair that fell out of place in front of my face. He picked my arms up from the floor and stared at my tear filled face in horror that left his mouth hanging. I couldn't stop my tears from raining down on my face, they simply flowed through as if I had no order over them.

"What happened?!"

"Why are you crying?"

"Speak to me please!!"

"Serenity please!"

Those words came in to my ears the same way they came out; ineffectual. What could I say that would explain? Ryan always told me that my eyes made me an open book, so I let them just that.

"You have no business here." He spoke from behind me. Chase assissted me so that I was back on my feet, but I couldn't even stand without wobbling. I gasped for breath shedding more tears in the process. "Cmon we're going." He tried to put his arm around me but I shoved it off though I did walk with him a couple of steps forward.

"Serenity please let me talk to you." The voice grew closer.

"Just back off man." Chase turned back distancing himself from me. "I didn't ask you." He received a cold reply. I let myself turn to face him. He started towards me. "I'm sorry," He shook his head. "Let explain please.."

Chase cut him off in his tracks and placed himself between us. "I think you should leave." Xavier pulled his collar and threw him against the wall. Chase retaliated by punching his face blowing his lower lip. Xavier took a few steps back, wiped the blood and was about to throw his fist on to chase when I shouted. "Stop!"

It was almost theatrical how he froze right there grinding his teeth at Chase. "Don't trust him please."

"Than who am I supposed to trust?!" My voice trembled as I looked like him furious at what he expected. "Tell me!"

He turned to me. "She means nothing to me." He held his hands in front of himself in a form of surender and came to me. "It was a moment gone wrong."

I huffed and mimicked. "A moment gone wrong." I held my head and turned it wall to avoid giving in to my strong urge to scream. His hands came in close proximity to wipe my tears and I slapped his hand for even trying. I turned him him and pushed him away and with every sentence I spoke I came and pushed him again.

"This was all a game to you right?"

"Leading me on and leaving me hanging halfway?"

"Go play around with her!"

"Because I'm nobodys toy."

He looked down. "It was the alcohol I swear Serenity, I've been trying for you...not her."

I held up my hand, I could not bare listening to more, in fact I could not bare being there in that troubled environment. The air was hot and suffocated my despite my heavy breathing. "I saw you, not the alcohol. I want you out of my house, out of my life." I pointed at him. "I trusted you, but no more, you're just a stranger." I looked away from the hysteria that shadowed his face. Chase and I left the hall, left the building informing Ryan that I felt sick.

The music playing in the car somehow played to my life. Or perhaps that was just my perception of it, a biased perception.

"I'm falling apart

I'm barely breathing

with a broken heart

that's still beating.."

Lifehouse - Broken

No copyright intended.

I wasn't being melodramatic. It is indescribable how much your heart aches when the people you love become the people you wished you never knew. If there were words to explain the feeling of being so lost in pain that you could not feel the presence of neither your external or internal condition, than the world would weep at their mere sound. Maybe thats why they don't exist, maybe it is because if we failed in our pursuit of happiness than those words would grip us so tight to the ground that ever rising from it would be all but a reality.

I was unaware of when we arrived home. Chase took me in and kept asking me if I was okay. I believed that he could see through me and thus I did not find it necessary to give him an answer.

"You should leave now."

"Are you sure? I could stay and give you company." He looked for any reason to stay but I deprived him of it. "I'll see you later."

Chase reluctantly left and I was left in the dark house alone. I suspected that it wouldn't take Ryan long to come home. If there was anything I needed, it was him. I turned on all the lights that I came across, dark places always frightened me.

I came in to my room and finally kicked off those rigid heels and felt my feet kiss the fuzzy carpet. The window was open and the curtain flowed because of the silent breeze. I opened the lights and saw a note on my bed. It had a black paper base just like the one attached to the box that had my dress. It was Ellis I just knew it. I flipped open my phone and sent him a text before coming to get the note.

"Thank you for the dress. I loved it. Wish you were here."

I sat down on my fluffy bed and pulled a pillow to my lap. I opened the note written in the same white ink. It read..

"I will never leave you."

My phone buzzed, it was Ellis. He replied saying, "What dress?" My eyes flew back to the note and held it up. The last line written in black ink became visible as my mouth hung open, unable to breathe.

"I'll watch you bleed."