Chapter 11

Xaviers point of view

Despite my troubled stomach I gave in to temptation when I saw those crispy golden brown waffles on the counter. I could swear that they were calling me to eat them.

I snuck in one which tasted just as heavenly as it appeared to be before Clyde returned to my side. He was on strict orders to take 'special care' of my dietry needs. It was like living with Nan all over again.

Mennigin had already left, nor was Hudson at home. The sole inhabitants of the house were Ellis, Ryan, Dawn and me of course. Ryan had been fixed on his son ever since his arrival. Dawn was, beyond any doubt, extremely pampered. What I've seen generally with children as such, is that they grow up to be...spoiled brats, for lack of a better word. Dawn wasn't remotely close to displaying such 'symptoms' in his attitude despite all the luxurys he had at his finger tips. In fact, to my surprise it was like the complete opposite, the more he was given the more he would give away, and his aspirations did not consist of fancy cars, video games or etc, but just in spending more time with his father and godmother, who, due to my luck, I still had not met. Looking at the big picture I was still astonished but at the same time found myself wishing I had the same kind of kids in my family. The civil kind, not the wild ones.

Today was supposed to be the day I go out with Ellis to find a more...permenant residence for my stay here but I was told strictly to rest and keep myself hydrated. The latter half was not going to be a problem, even the weather was pleasent, however what was to be an issue was the first half. I had always been running around here and there after my dad before he whole heartedly hand the company over to me to spend more time with his beloved; mom. To him love came first, it could not, in any circumstance, be ignored.

That was the brilliant part. Even after 30 years they were still in love, and not just any, the true crazy kind, which, in my eyes, now ceases to exists. I've never had any unbreakable emotional attachment to any of my previous girlfriends, in fact, as cold as it sounds, I regard them as a stage in my life that I outgrew. So here I was, the sole child running an entire business while my parents were falling in love all over again.

With my mind racing from one point to another the real matter of the topic still remained. 

1. I did not have a home, yet. 

2. I'm fairly certain Mennigin had something to do with me getting food poisoning; he was surely working with Nan on 101 ways to make me stay. 

3. As nice as the estate was I prefer being out, or at least engaging myself in some sort of work.

I had Ellis to accompany me throughout the day. I learned that he was an accelerated honour student and presently looking for a job as a chartered accountant other than the internship he was already doing at AVOC. Hudson was a brillinat event planner and had done quite a few extravagant events, however, he prefered not keeping himself 'too busy'. Ryan had finished electrical engineering at college however due to unfortunate events he stepped in to AVOC before he had actually planned too.

The day turned to night and I suppose I had made a good friend in Ellis for there were a lot of things we had in common personality wise. I was alone in the hall around 9pm when there was a loud horn followed by a knock on the door. Seeing no one around I went forward to open it. Standing in front of me was a girl with straight brown hair and small brown eyes and unfortunately she recognized me too. It was her, the same suicidal girl who came right in front of my car. My mouth fell open as I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming. What was she doing here?!

"You?" We both spoke at the same time.

"What are YOU doing here?" I whispered ready to banish her from the property. She shook her head in disbelief and looked at me cluelessly. She was about to speak when Ryan appeared behind me. She ignored me, trying to pretend we had never seen eachother. Ryan hugged her and asked " How was your day Serenity?"

"Good, I'll tell you later." She replied and then instantly talked her way in to an escape. " I'm going to see Dawn."

With that she left without another word but turned to have one last look at me. I felt an uncomfortable heat circle my body. I nearly killed Ryan's girlfriend.

I casually asked him how long they had been together. An astonished Ryan looked at me in a most peculiar way. "She's Dawns godmother, and my baby sister you idiot."

I nearly lost my footing at the news after which Ryan had to help me to the sofas. I was in a state of sheer shock. I nearly ran over their sister, I was going to lose the contract and everything if she said anything, with my luck she probably had. More than that, I was surely dead at the hands of her brothers.