Chapter 30 - Flashbacks

FLASHBACK

Serenitys point of view.

Mom wrapped her arms around Dad and tilted him behind on the sofa squeezing him tight until he asked to breathe. She gave him a quick kiss on the side and rushed over to the other sofa lifting Hudson and me to her lap. "I've got news!" She said playfully. Her silky blonde hair bounced as she did and finally fell in waves to my side. Hudson was so much like her physically, same hair same eyes and he definitely looked like her son sittung in the other corner of her lap. Ellis and Hudson were not identical twins one was a complete replica of mom and the other of dad.

"What is it?" Dad said unfazed at the excitement behind a newspaper. It was adorable how moms quirky and warm nature would be so graciously accepted by dad given his seriousness. The only person he'd accept so whole-heartedly was mom.

She jumped up again stealing the newspaper from his hands for which he made a playfully sad face. "Show some excitement."

"I will once you tell me."

"Why don't I do the honors?" A voice said from behind. "Your going to be a Grandpapa" She said sneaking up from behind. Dad's face went from happy to ecstatic to emitting its own ray of sunshine in a blink of an eye. He took Kristen with one arm and mom with the next giving them a back breaking hug. "You'll be a wonderful mother. God bless you." He kissed her gently on the forehead as Hudson leaped off the sofa to do the same. "Honey why are you sittimg there alone?" mom was always so considerate, she never let me feel isolated in anyway, even when I wanted to be.

I remember once she had called her friends over for lunch after I was adopted and they we're surprised to see how mom refered to her total children as 4. A fat lady with cat like eyes warned that she shouldn't be welcoming me like that. I peaked down from the stairs to hear her say, "She IS my daughter, there are no buts and ifs. She will always be my daughter, I know her no other way."

I knew about the baby since two nights ago when I was at the park with Ryan, he would always tell me everything, and I would trust him with my secrets too in return. Even then I acted as I didn't know and gave Kristen a massive hug. She was such a sweetheart, Ryan was very lucky he found a person like her to live life with, people end up begging for the kind of happiness he found.

I jolted out of the picture and in to Ellis's room where he had his head buried deep in a pile of text books that would exceed my weight. "You're gonna be uncle Ellis." I informed him. He lifted his head to the news but kept his composure, turned around and said. "Uncle sounds old."

I squinted at him and he jumped off of his chair and started chanting with me. "Yay yay yay yay!"

We made it back down where Ryan ordered pizza and we were the first to devour it. Ryan came to my side still towering over me. I gave him a hug whispering to him. "You're gonna be a great daddy." His face beamed, he'd never been this happy.

Clyde and Grandpa came in the room already aware of the news. "Our family just keeps getting bigger!" Grandpa said patting Ryan on the back. Clyde broke in and everyone fell silent. "Sir, Ma'am," He gestured to Mika and Forlan, "I had the BMW prepped as you requested."

"Thankyou Clyde" Mom replied. "Join us please."

"With all due respect madam, I would rather not." Clyde always kept professional relations with us denying any opportunity to be part of the family.

We sat there wondering what that was all about and thats when Dad spoke up. "So congrats my beautiful daughter in-law and my strong boy on their future. Your mom and I are going to go out of Kingsview for a couple of days for business and well I can't say that we do not need a  vacation-"  Mom finished his sentence. "Because we do. We'll be back soon but for that while Grandpa is in charge and so is Ryan. So behave." She said pointing a finger at me, Hudson and Ellis.

"When are you gonna leave?" I asked hiding sadness. "At dawn sweetheart."

That night mom came in to my room. "Knock knock! Can I come in?" She said peaking through the door. I laughed,"Its your house."

"But this, my child is your room, just like this is your family." She sat besides me pulling me on to her till I rested on her chest. "I know, I'm sorry." I had never felt this welcomed so I was always on high alert making sure I don't get too used to it. "Serenity honey I know things haven't always been the best. But you have a family who loves you. If you don't start accepting things in front of you on the fear of losing them then you will never be happy."

"It's just hard." I curled up besides her.

"I know it is, but hey listen to me you have a happy ending, I believe that with all my heart." She kissed me on my head wrapling her arm around me. "I'm going to miss my daughter."

I wept in to her. "I'm gonna miss you too mom."

That was the first time mom and dad were leaving, even for a vacation. Even though it was only for three days I wanted to hold on to them for as long as I could.

The whole house was awake to bid them farewell. They were going to Turkey through their private jet at Kingsview Airport just beyond creekside. Mom kissed everyone goodbye and dad took us in for a hug. They gave special orders to Ryan for taking care of Kristen. Their car left the estate and I waited for their return the moment it did.

I got my wish soon enough. They came back within 2 hours of leaving but not happily with arms wide open but motionless and cold. Our world had come crashing down on us again only this time it unfairly consumed their parents, our parents. Cries erupted in the house as darkness clouded over us. I was in the news, on the radio, everywhere but none of it was anywhere close to being accept by our hearts. People don't just leave like that..they can't..

Ryan was broken, as were we, we didn't antivipate things to come to such a tragic end. Where was the happy ending I was promised? Why were my parents taken from me again?

"You have to take care of Kristen and the baby." I held my tears with him.

"Grandpa left..."

"He needed to mourn Ryan" I sniffed at his side. "Your kid needs you, we all do."

He put his arm around me. "His name is Dawn."