Chapter 19

2 weeks later

The curtains whooshed open allowing all the prickling light to come on to my face. It was extremely annoying when someone opened the curtains or turned off the fan just to wake you up, and he had done both. I dug my head in to my pillow and mumbled.

"Quit whinning and get up." He sounded more like a coach than my temporary partner. "Go die." I said utterly annoyed.

He climbed in next to me and started talking about if he died than I'd be so overwhelmed with work that I'd supposedly follow his foot steps in to an afterlife. Well at least thats what I think he said, all I remember was I was too tired to care.

Xavier had been helping me quite alot in getting back on track with my course on law. I knew it was only a cover-up, probably something Grandpa made him do just to limit my wandering the streets. If that was the case than for Gramps it was a job well done, I barely had enough time to go to Village.

I was no dependent soul, whatever time he gave to me, I repaid every second with help on the Kingsfort construction plans. The job was going really well. The area for the park was already being prepared with gas and electrical lines first off. The main attractions were nearly done but what it lacked was uniqueness so I was helping the old fashioned man to think outside the box.

I would leave for the community centre where I had my classes that stretched from 10 in the morning to late in the afternoon. They were basically preparing us for an accelerated Masters Programme in law, after which we would have an awfully important test and be chosen by various firms for internships and later, permenant jobs as lawyers. It was a grueling programme. Luckily, I'd already be super annoyed at Xavier all the time which helps me fire up nearly the whole day, debates were a piece of cake.

Today was different, it was Sunday! It was the only day in the week where I could relax, or at least try to. "Can't you leave me in solitude?" I rolled my eyes at him. "Now that wouldn't be fun." His whines turned serious. "I need help."

I got up keeping as much distance between us as possible to avoid embarassment from my deadly morning breath. "What's up?"

"I need an idea of the location too." He whispered. That was a shock. "You haven't been there yet?!" I gasped.

"Well yes and no, I've seen a set of pictures but I haven't exactly got the time to go out, greatest proof of that is, I'm still living in your house." He looked away and started playing with my phone that was on the side table. I snatched it back and fell backwards on to the bed. "That's because Grandpa likes you." I teased. "Anyway, we'll take care of everything today, when do you want to leave?"

"Umm, in 10 minutes?"

I laughed but soon realized he was serious. I picked myself up, went to the bathroom, slipped in to black denim jeans and a long plum half sleeve top. We hurried down and sat in the mercedes, and with that we were off. My phone buzzed in my hands, the CallerID - Chase.

"Morning! Up for bike rides today?"

"Where and when?"

"In 20 at Vill. Me and Cara are going so please don't say no :'("

"I'm sorry! Today is just gonna be busy."

"But y?"

"I'm goin with X to the site area."

"Oh alright. Talk to you later than."

"Bye :-) Sorry :-("

I felt bad ditching him like that. The town ended and we were driving on a straight road surrounded by forest green trees. Xavier curiously asked, "Who were you talking to?"