Chapter 33

My head, and my mouth weren't cooperating. Every time, I opened my mouth, the words would just get stuck. I don't know if it was just from the shock but I felt like something in the pit of my stomach began to bubble up. "You like me?" I finally managed choked out.

Paul's eyes shifted anywhere but on me. "I knew I shouldn't have told you..."

I shook my head, and snapped out of my little daze. "No, it's... uh.... well...."

My thought process at that point was completely screwed. How was I supposed to say it nicely? It's not everyday when the guy who's been giving you crap the entire time, confesses his feelings to you.

"I'm getting married, Paul," I said silently. 

Yeah, I know. Not the best thing that I could've said, but you know, I might as well come straight out with it.

His eyes widened. "You are?!"

"Yes."

Then he did the unthinkable and let out a laugh. "You think I'm that stupid, huh?"

I gave him a confused look. "What?"

"Ha, you don't even have a ring. Talon, that was about the stupidest thing someone has ever tried to pull on me."

"I'm not trying to pull anything!"

He laughed again, even louder this time, drawing the attention of Christian. "Like you could ever stay in a committed relationship," he snorted.

And that was when I lost it.

"You know what," I spat, "I would never go out with you anyway, Paul. You are a liar, a hypocrite, and a dipshit. You lack the basic knowledge of a six year old, and you're even more lacking in the physical appearance category. SO, DON'T  TELL ME THAT I CAN'T STAY IN A DAMN COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP. CHRISTIAN AND I ARE GOING TO BE THAT OLD CUTE COUPLE THAT IS ALWAYS SITTING ON THEIR ROCKING CHAIRS IN FRONT OF THEY'RE CUTE LITTLE HOUSE HOLDING HANDS. We are going to be a  strong couple, and he is going to be the best husband ever. Something that you could NEVER be."

I swear, by the time I finished that statement, my face was as red as a tomato. Everything was a blur in my moment of blind rage, and I didn't even notice that Christian was behind me, squeezing my shoulder.

Seriously, I have never, ever snapped like that before though. It's just that this time, it felt like he was insulting my pride, I know this sounds corny, but it felt like he was gnawing away at part of my soul.

 "It's okay," Christian said softly into my ear as my breathing slowed.

My eyes were still holding Paul's eyes. Every bit of me wanted to be able to burn holes into him, but unfortunately, that only happened in the movies. Finally, Paul broke the gaze.

"I don't need this," he muttered.

Christian scoffed. "Then leave."

 Hurt resignated all over Paul's face as Christian wrapped his arm around me protectively.

It was almost enough to make me forgive him. Keep in mind that I just said, "almost."

Paul finally let out a huff, and left, immediately sending relief wafting toward me. "Thank god that he's gone."

Christian nodded absentmindedly before plastering a smirk on. "So, you really think that I'll be the best husband ever?"

"Uh- that depends."

His smirk widened. "On what?"

My mind frantically went into overload as I tried to search for a witty comeback, but luckily, after a few seconds of muttering inaudible sounds, I came up with one. "If you tell me what you got me, then maybe."

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Wait a moment."

***********************************************************************************************************

Christian's POV

I sprinted off into the corner where I put my stuff. Well, you see, I decided that putting my gift in my hockey bag would guarantee it's secrecy. You know, since my sweaty clothes are in there, and Talon, being the girl that she is, would never go in there.

My hands scrambled inside before it finally landed on a familiar piece of fabric. I reached for it, and yanked it out. I smiled as my eyes landed on the sock, before sticking my hand inside and pulling the small blue box out rather violently. Don't worry though, the sock wasn't used, so you know, it's safe.

If this doesn't make Talon love me, I don't know what will.

***********************************************************************************************************

Talon's POV

God, my head was basically throbbing. 

It shouldn't take Christian this long, should it? I swear, I was going to die of curiousity. Usually, I don't really care about things like this, but this time was different. Something in my gut, just wouldn't let this one go.

Finally, Christian's figure finally came back into view, as a silly grin took shape on his face. His hand was frantically waving, telling me to come over. I don't know what he was doing, but he managed to attract a crowd.

I cautiously walked over. I swear, if Christian is pulling another prank on me. Well, let's just say it won't end well for him. 

Man, I sound abusive... Eh, the abuse is mutual anyways.

"You wanted to know what I got you, right?" he said as I finally came within arms distance of him. I nodded my head desperately, urging him to continue. "Well, after hearing you defend me in front of Paul, I decided that this would be the perfect time to give it to you."

I snorted, "Stop with your cheesy speech, and just give me my present."

He returned a snort. "Listen to the, "cheesy speech," or you don't get the present at all."

I rolled my eyes but let him continue.

"Okay, so we've been through a lot, and I really really do think that I might just possibly love you," he said, and slowly got down on one knee.

Why am I so stupid? WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS COMING!? I'VE SEEN THIS ENOUGH ON TV, I SHOULD'VE KNOWN!

"Talon, will you marry me?"

I swear, my heart stopped. My mouth at this point, was not connected to my brain. Was this really happening?

Christian looked up at me with his piercing blue eyes and pulled out a small blue box. The lid popped open and sitting right in the middle, was a stunning ring. The diamonds were gleaming, and the detail work was gorgeous. The silver was encrusted in small diamonds, as they wrapped around the center jewel delicately. The scene looked like it came straight out of some cheesy romance.

I couldn't believe it.

"Talon?" Christian repeated, jogging me out of my thoughts.

"Yes." I replied immediately.

"If you don't wan- wait, what?"

I laughed a little. "I said yes you goof ball."

**********************************************************************************************************

WHOOOO!

Oh, and there's Talon's ring on the side. So yeah, last time I forgot to do the comment question thingy, so I'm going to make sure to do it now.

Question: If you could only eat one food, what would it be?