Chapter 14

"Does it matter?" I whined.

"Uhh yeah," he said waving his hands frantically. I raised an eyebrow and eyed his hands for a moment, but he didn't seem to notice.

"He's a new guy in my class," I answered flatly. "Are you happy now Sherlock?" 

"Mmhmm." He nodded.

I checked the time.

"I better get to class," I sighed.

"Want me to carry you?"

"I'm fine," I rolled my eyes. 

I winced as I took my first step toward him.

"On second thought would you carry me?" I gave him an innocent smile.

I caught an evil glint in his eyes before I tried to run away. Unfortunately my stupid foot wouldn't allow me. So in a matter of seconds, I began to scream as Christian caught up and slung me over his shoulder. 

"RAPE!" I called out. I was hoping that this would make him put me down, but Christian found it very amusing and continued.

I was actually quite surprised that no teachers heard my desperate plea for help, and rushed to my rescue.Isn't it odd that teachers always show up when you don't want them to, but always happen to be not around when you actually need assistance?

Quite odd, isn't it?

"You liking the view?" It was obvious that he was referring to his ass.

"Actually no," I continued but only louder, "But I am totally digging your BATMAN boxers."

I certainly attracted some stares. I hope this is embarrassing Christian.

"Your Superman underwear is not any better," he scoffed.

"My underwear is obviously better," I scoffed back.

"How so?" he questioned.

"Well, first of all Superman is better than Batman," I stated,

"IS NOT!" 

"Is too."

"Is not."

"Is too."

And that's when we started bickering like 5 year olds.

"Talon, and Christian, what are you doing?" Mr. Rosso, our principal asked in a stern voice. Where was he when I shouted rape?

"What does it look like we're doing?" I scoffed.

I heard Christian hiss at me for being so rude but I didn't care.

"If I knew, I wouldn't be asking," Mr. Rosso replied calmly.

I hate it when people of authority have good responses.

"Sorry about Talon," Christian began, "she's just a little grumpy."

Oh great, Chrsitian's doing the good boy act again. 

I'll bet that he even gave Mr. Rosso an apologetic smile.

Mr. Rosso eyed me before walking off in the other direction. In return I stuck my tongue out at him. Am I the perfect student or what?

"Kiss up," I muttered.

"I heard that," Christian called.

"Good."

******************************************************************************************************

After a quick stop at my locker,  Christian dropped me off at my room before heading off. Finally some peace.

Wrong.

In a matter of seconds, Mason came barging in and took the seat next to mine.

"Hello there good friend," he greeted.

"Hi."

"Who was the guy you were with?" he asked curiously.

"Long story," I sighed.

"I have time," he shrugged.

"Why do you need to know?" I replied coldly.

"Cause I wanna." 

Usually when I say 'Why do you need to know?' people turn away and leave me alone. Apparently Mason isn't one of them.

"You're weird," I blurted out.

"Aren't we all?"

I chuckled. "Good point." 

"Have fun with my friends?" I said referring back to lunch when Avery and Echo left me to go flirt with him.

"It was odd having two girls hit on me," he laughed. "Definitely a new experience."

"I kind of expected that," I laughed back.

I'm beginning to think that Mason and I could make very good friends. I wonder how Christian would feel about that? Just the thought of it brings a smirk to my face. 

Do you think it's wrong that I find amusement out of Christian's jealousy? Because I certainly don't.

 ****************************************************************************************************

When school ended I ran out of there as fast as I could. Well it was more like I limped out of there as fast as I could. But you get my point. 

Now that I think about it, I must've looked like a demented penguin.

"So how was school?" Christian asked as we were driving back home.

"You sound like my dad," I rolled my eyes.

Christian stayed silent as he waited for me to answer my question. And being the type of person who hates silence, I gave in and told him.

"I have no homework so I guess it was pretty good."

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Christian exclaimed. "HOW COME I GET A SHITLOAD OF HOMEWORK WHILE YOU GET NOTHING?!"

"Language Christian. Language," I teased.

"Don't talk,  you potty mouth," he snapped.

"Me? A potty mouth? Never," I replied innocently.

"Fine, let's have a bet," Christian decided. "Let's see who could last the longest without swearing."

"What's it in for me?" I asked curiously.

"Loser, has to be the winner's servant for a week." Christian said. "Deal?"

"Deal."

I sat back in my seat. There is no way in hell that I am going to lose this.