Chapter 20

• Dedicated to Christina Tung

"BREAKFAST IS READY!" I heard Christian call.

I quickly finished off my hair, and bolted downstairs. 

The smell of toast and orange juice filled the air the moment I stepped into the kitchen. I took a closer look at the table, and saw that there were scrambled eggs, Nutella covered toast and orange juice. How did he know that this was my dream breakfast?

As if reading my mind he said, "Tyler told me you might like this."

"Awww, you went through all that trouble for me?" I gushed.

Christian grinned. "Anything for you."

I snorted. "That was such a cheesy lie."

"But everyone loves cheese," he said, giving me a small peck on the cheek.

Man, he's still overconfident, but this time, I think I like it.

*********************************************************************************************************

Once we reached the school, we walked in hand in hand. Making sure that everyone knew that we were together. I'm just assuming, but I think that Christian was trying to make sure that everyone knew that I was with him. His overprotectiveness is surprisingly adorable.

"Hey Talon!" I heard a familiar voice call.

I turned around, still managing to keep hold of Christian's warm hand. I squinted and saw Mason with a girl not far behind him.

As Mason approached us, I felt Christian tense up beside me. I squeezed his hand lightly to try to relax him., but it didn't work, he was still as stiff as a piece of cardboard.

"Hey Mason," I greeted.

"Oh, I see you're with someone now," Mason said, gesturing to Christian. "Am I interrupting anything?"

Christian grunted.

"Nope," I said, ignoring Christian's sudden rude attitude.

"Well I just wanted you to meet someone." Mason gestured to the girl beside him. "This is my twin sister. She was sick for a while, but she's better now."

The girl waved at Christian and I. "My name is Krisha."

Now that she was close enough, I noticed that she had the same striking blue eyes as Mason, but her hair was brown, just like Tyler's. I'm guessing that Mason must've dyed his hair black like I did. It's strange how our families are so a like.

"Nice to meet you," Christian and I said in unison.

My face heated up a bit at the little incident.

"You guys are really cute together," Mason said with a charming smile.

Christian grunted again. "And what's your point?"

I nudged Christian lightly, trying to tell him to stop.

"I think you misunderstood that." 

"No. I think you misunderstood something. Talon and I are together, so stop flirting with her," Christian growled. He looked like he was ready to lunge and attack at any given moment. It was scary.

"Christian, calm down," I pleaded. "Mason doesn't like me, we're just friends."

I looked over at Mason, I was silently asking him if I could tell Christian his secret. Mason nodded before saying, "Christian , I'm gay. I don't like Talon, I don't even like girls for that matter."

Christian looked dumbfounded.

I could only imagine the shock and stupidity he's feeling right now.