Chapter 12

"Talon?" Christian asked. His eyes were misty, as if he were far far away. He was wearing a white tee shirt and black jeans.

"Yeah?" I answered.I was wearing a flowy white dress. I looked around at our surroundings. It was beautiful, we were standing in a clearing surrounded by cherry blossoms. The wind was blowing softly, and the sun was out. 

"Do you like me?" Christian asked softly.

******************************************************************************************************

I felt someone lightly shake me. I groaned as I slowly opened up my eyes. Thank goodness that was a dream, 'cause I would've had no idea as to what to say, if that were real life.

"Good morning," Christian smiled.

"Good morning," I replied. I looked over at the clock it was 7 in the morning. 

"Why are you up so early?" I groaned. I'll be the first to admit that I am a early riser, but I hate it when people wake me up.

"We have school," Christian sighed.

I suddenly felt wide awake. 

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed.

Christian rolled his eyes, "I don't wanna go either."

"Then why do we have to go?" I questioned.

He raised his eye brows, as if he were considering the idea.

"Good point," he mumbled.

I smirked. I love pointing out the obvious.

"Yeah, but my parents are going to be popping in today to check on us, and if we want to continue living alone we have to go to school," he added, after a long thinking session. I sighed. I don't like school.

"I don't wanna go," I mumbled as I hid my head under my pillow.

"Come on," Christian said. He then grabbed my legs and yanked. Hard. 

I yelped as I slid off the bed. Luckily Christian picked me up before my head made contact with the floor.

"Never. Ever. Do that again," I groaned. I rested my head against his chest, happy that I didn't suffer from a potential concusion.

"Sureeee," he said skeptically. I smacked him in the head.

"Can you put me down now?" I asked. "I need to get ready."

"I like carrying you though," Christian whined.

I felt my cheeks heat up. Gosh Talon! Snap out of it! He's probably joking. 

For some reason, the thought of him joking about it, made me..... Almost sad. The feeling lurched inside of me, I hated it. 

Christian's staring to get to me. Not good.

"Please put me down," I said softly.

Christian sighed, before gently settling me down.

I instantly missed the warmth of his arms, but pushed the thought to the back of mind as I picked out my red skinnies and Owl City tee shirt.

I walked over to the bathroom and did my usual stuff, like showering doing my hair, that type of stuff. 

I ran down the stairs, and went to the kitchen. 

"You ready?” Christian asked as I approached him.

“Can’t I eat breakfast or something?” I groaned.

Christian rolled his eyes. “Grab a pop tart or something.”

I sighed as I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a pop tart and a bottle of Pepsi. I know what you’re thinking, “Talon, who drinks Pepsi for breakfast?” Well my answer is, I do.

I slipped on my black converse and hopped into Christian’s SUV. 

“Off to school we go,” Christian said dryly.

“Oh joy,” I replied flatly. I took a sip of my Pepsi.

A few minutes later we arrived at our school,  Lake Shore Collegiate. Man, I hate this school. I hate a lot of things, but school is probably the one to beat.

“See you later,” I sighed as I stepped out of the car onto the snow covered pavement.

“I’ll walk you to class if you want,” Christian offered.

“Since when did you become a gentleman?” I teased.

“I always was, just not to you,” Christian explained.

I chuckled, as I started making my way toward the school. I heard Christian’s footsteps behind me.

 “Wait up!” Christian called.

I decided to do the complete opposite, and run straight ahead.

Bad choice.

You see I ran onto a long strip of ice, and being the clutz I am, I slipped and fell down.

“Are you okay?” Christian asked his breathing was heavy. I could tell that he ran here, as soon as I fell.

“Yeah,” I groaned, as I pushed myself up. I slowly stood up but found that my right foot was hurting pretty badly. I tried to take a step forward but I slipped. Again.

“Ugh,” I groaned again. I sat myself up.

“That’s it,” Christian said.

“That’s what?” I asked, confused.

I yelped when Christian lifted me up bridal style and started heading toward the school.

“What are you doing?!” I shrieked.

“What does it look like I’m doing?” Christian laughed, “ I’m carrying you to class.”

“Yeah I noticed,” I said rolling my eyes, “But why?”

“So you don’t kill yourself walking to class,” he said as if he were stating the obvious.

I sighed knowing that he was probably right. So I decided to make myself a little more comfortable by resting my head against him and holding on to his neck.

We were attracting quite a few stares in the halls, but Christian didn’t seem to mind. And I understood why people would be staring. Christian and I have never been friends. In fact, back in freshman year, we started a little prank war.

***********************************************************************************************************
Flashback

I slowly snuck away from Christian’s locker, hoping that no one saw what I just did. Truth is, I filled it up with water balloons, as revenge for sticking a whoopee cushion  on my chair. If you’re wondering how I got his locker combination, well I can’t exactly tell you, or else I’ll be in really deep shit.

I hid behind a wall near his locker waiting for him to return from soccer practise.

It took him about 5 minutes to make it to his locker, but he came with my brother Tyler. Luckily Tyler stood behind Christian as he opened his locker.

“HOLY SHIT!” Christian shouted as the avalanche of balloons tumbled onto him.

I jumped out of my hiding place and smirked. “Ya like?”

“YOU ARE DONE!” Christian said angrily.

End of Flashback

***********************************************************************************************************

So I could understand why people would be surprised. And it could be because I’m the  “bad ass emo girl” and he’s the “player” Yeah that’ right, Christian’s the school player. Bet you didn’t expect that.

I’ll bet that if you went down our halls and asked a random girl if they knew Christian she’d probably say, “Oh I dated him once.”

I was almost at class until we saw Melissa.  

Oh great, this could get complicated.