"Fine, whatever. You could walk along the road either until you get back to town, or just keep going until you find your car. Considering that you walked through the woods and not around, your car would be about a seven to eight mile walk. Or you could call someone to come and get you." He shrugs.

"Okay, thanks." She says, sighing. 

"Do you want to come in while you wait?" He asks, and she can tell he really didn't want to ask.

"No, I'll just go wait at the end of the road." She points back towards the driveway.

"Just come in. You look cold, and I know it's going to at least be a ten-minute wait." Robin sighs, opening the door further.

"Okay, thanks." She repeats, and walks into his house slowly. Emma looks around the cabin and finds it nicely decorated. When Robin directs her to the kitchen right off the front entranceway, she sees a nice combination of rustic wood and modern twists. It seems that from the outside the cabin looks small but the inside was spacious and has a lot of rooms. 

"Water?" Robin asks, and Emma looks up at him in surprise.

"Yeah, sure." She says. He gets her a glass and gestures to the table. She sits down and then takes a sip of her water before pulling out her phone. Dialing Regina's number, she takes a deep breath to calm her nerves.

"Emma, why the fuck have you not called me back!?" Regina's voice trills through the phone as soon as she picks up.

"I'm sorry, please don't yell at me." Emma sighs, and Robin chuckles from the other side of the kitchen. Emma shoots him a dirty look and then Regina talks again.

"So you didn't call me back because...?"

"I was pissed at you. I didn't feel like calling you back, and I'm sorry."

"Fine. Whatever. We can talk when you come home."

"About that..."

"What, Emma?"

"I kind of took a walk through the woods and I got lost."

"So I'm supposed to find you?"

"Not exactly. More of I need you to just pick me up."

"Where exactly are you?" Regina asks, her voice slow and slightly angry.

"Well..." Emma sighs, but she doesn't finish her sentence.

"Are you at Robin's house." Regina deadpans, already knowing the answer.

"Yes." Emma gets out.

"I'll be there soon." Regina responds, and then Emma hears the click of the end of the call.

"I take it your wife is pissed at you?" Robin asks and Emma takes a large gulp of water before answering.

"Yes, indeed she is."

"Can't blame her."

"Oh shut up." Emma rolls her eyes. "What do you know?"

"I was with her once. I mean maybe she's changed but how would I know, you've made sure to stop that."

"Bitter, are we?"

"You know I pretty much hate you, and I let you into my home to wait for my ex-girlfriend to come get you out of the kindness in my heart."

"You physically hurt her, and yet you're mad that she left you."

"I take anger management classes because of you, and that only happened after you manipulated her into cheating on me." 

Emma lets out a brittle laugh. "Manipulate her? I did nothing of the sort Hood."

"We were perfectly happy together before you came along."

"She just found something better." Emma shrugs, putting on an innocent face. The moment when Emma sees his face turn slightly red and his fists clench she kicks herself in her big mouth. But instead of exploding on her like Emma predicted, he storms out of the room while mumbling under his breath. Emma just barely holds it together and sighs quietly once she's sure he's out of earshot. She sits in the kitchen and sips away at her water until the urge to use the washroom hits her. Getting up from the table, she wanders out into the hallway. Poking around she can hear a T.V. on further in the house so she just opens doors as she goes along. Right by the kitchen is a living room that's got wood flooring, leather couches and chairs, a fireplace, a large flat screen, and a handful of wildlife pictures. She takes a turn and finds four more doors. The one at the end of the hall has light coming out from under it and noise filtering through. The first one she opens is just a closet and has a squeaky hinge. With a cringe she glances towards the bedroom door but nothing happens. 

The next door is what she assumes is the spare bedroom. It's got a simple quilt on top of the bed, and a handful of pillows. On the wall is a painting of the forest that surrounds Storybrooke, and other than that the room is empty besides a dresser and a side table. She closes the door and finally finds the bathroom. After relieving herself, she walks quietly back to the kitchen and waits for Regina to show up. 

~~~

hey guys! it's getting close to Christmas, how exciting :) how do you celebrate?

please vote and comment!