Chapter 52

A/N-

This chapter contains the song “HELP” written by The Beatles. It also contains a scene that may bring tears too your eyes. Please note that I had difficulties writing this, as I was trying to see through tears.

I got the lyrics from azlyrics.com.

Chapter 52

The next day.

Cole's POV

I walked into the jewelry store with one thing on my mind, Kandee. I was here to get her a ring, a ring that would prove to her I wasn't going to leave. I was going to do something no one else had done for her. I was going to show her that I was for real. I walked up to the glass case and explained that I was here to pick up a ring.

Kandee's POV

I sat on my bed, guitar in hand. Frustrated I strummed the familiar cards again. My fingers lagged behind the normal beat. Still slow and stiff from the cast. I strummed the chords again and let my voice surround me.

Help, I need somebody

Help, not just anybody

Help, you know I need someone, help

When I was younger (So much younger than) so much younger than today

(I never needed) I never needed anybody's help in any way

(Now) But now these days are gone (These days are gone), I'm not so self assured

(I know I've found) Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down

And I do appreciate you being round

Help me get my feet back on the ground

Won't you please, please help me

(Now) And now my life has changed in oh so many ways

(My independence) My independence seems to vanish in the haze

(But) But every now (Every now and then) and then I feel so insecure

(I know that I) I know that I just need you like I've never done before

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down

And I do appreciate you being round

Help me get my feet back on the ground

Won't you please, please help me

When I was younger so much younger than today

I never needed anybody's help in any way

(But) But now these days are gone (These days are gone), I'm not so self assured

(I know I've found) Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down

And I do appreciate you being round

Help me, get my feet back on the ground

Won't you please, please help me, help me, help me, ooh 

I took a deep breath, smiling as my fingers finally obeyed. I loved the song and it was near and dear to my heart. It was so similar to the way I was feeling. It showed that I was broken but able to be fixed. I am good and broken but maybe, just maybe, Cole will mend my heart, saving me from the terrors that surround me.

I was falling too hard, and far too fast for Cole. But somehow, I didn't care. For once in my life, I was okay with not knowing where things would lead me. I was actually taking a liking to the idea of not knowing where we would end up. Love is uncertain, love is not always kind, but love is also what makes him mine.

Skylar's POV

I groaned, letting my head drop into my hands. Matt sat next to me, going on and on and on about how in love he was. What is he, a teenage girl? Seriously, if I have to listen to him for another minute, I will slap him. I mean how long does it take to say she is pretty? Apparently it takes him 2 hours 47 minutes and 38 seconds! Ugh! I am going to scream if he keeps it up.

I hate being the only one around here without someone to love. I feel as though I no longer belong. Before everything went wrong, we were all outcasts. Yet somehow I have been cast out from the outcasts themselves. So it is now that I find that no matter how far we drift we are still all together.

Lost and alone, yet somehow, we remain united. We have people to love and things to fear. But we are never truly on our own. We will always have one and other.

Matt's POV

I sat next to Skylar, who just days ago I had been prepared to kill. I was happy and head over heels in love. Some one had found that key I lost years ago. She had used it to open up the door to my heart. And she was helping to heal my aging wounds.

Joni.

If you only knew her name, not her as a person. You could never grasp the entirety of what she means to me. I had left her forever scarred by my fathers actions. Only to return as I morphed into my father myself. I had become a new person now. Kind and gentle was replacing fury and hate. Love and devotion filling the aching void in my once dark world.

She was saving me from myself. She was the love that inspired me.

Skylar's face was twisted into an expression of extreme irritation. He looked like he was about to lose it.

“I mean how could I ever love anyone more than I love Joni right now..........” I trailed off as Skylar fixed his murderous glare on me.

“If I have to hear one more thing about Joni,” He spat venomously, “I will seriously injure you.”

I fell silent and just nodded in response. How could I reply to that?

“I think it's about time I start heading home.” I said quietly.

I got up and walked out of the room slowly. My head held low as I walked away.

Joni's POV

“EEEEEPPP!” I squealed into my phone.

I was jumping up and down in absolute merriment. Matt had finally come back. I was no longer alone. He was here to complete the missing piece of this tangled puzzle.

“That's great honey! Now you need to calm down.” My mom's voice said sternly.

I called my mom as soon as Matt had left. I think she had had enough of my girly shrieks for one day.

“Okay......” I said guiltily.

“Joni, I have to let you go. I will talk to you when I get home. Love you, bye.” She said before hanging up.

I shut my phone and proceeded to dance around the living room. I was over joyed.

I know I don't come off as the type of girl that gets all worked up over a guy. But I am. So...yeah.

….........................................................................

Do you like this chapter?