Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~Matt's POV~

"Yeah, I guess. Why do you ask?" I replied curiously.  Kandee just blushed and looked down, playing with her hair and humming. Random much? Then she giggled and shook her head, a breath-taking smile on her full lips.  Her eyes regained a sparkle that I hadn't seen them hold in far too many years, and that realization caused my insides to stir with a warmth and happiness I hadn't felt in just as long.

"Whats so funny?" I asked, my voice giving away the whirlwind of happiness that was swirling inside me, and I didn't really mind.  Maybe it was her smile, or her eyes, or just everything about her, whatever it was it made me feel whole again and that alone felt amazing.

"Oh, nothing, just thinking." Kandee answered, shaking her head and chuckling. A coy smile tugged at her lips and despite her attempts to hide it, it soon broke out into a toothy grin that seemed to make my heart melt.

"About what?"

"What woud have happened if I had finished my dream." As soon as the words passed her lips, she clamped a hand over her mouth. What the hell was she talking about?  The taunting twinkling in her turquoise eyes warned me that I very well might not want to know.

"What do you think might have happened?" I asked, quite intruged as to what she had drempt of.  The teasing glitter in her eyes fused with the shimmer of embarassement causing he irises to refract and reflect the light, regardless of the horrible florecent qualities, like hundereds of microscopic diamonds dancing in the sun.  It was trance inducing and could bring even the strongest of minds under the spell of her mystic doe eyes.

She blushed deep red before hiding her face with her hands.  The deep burgendy color was not the only indecater of 

Then it clicked. Thats what she dreams about!?

"oh...."

"Yeah."

Suddenly Sky spoke up.

"does that mean you dreamed about...Oh Thats Just Gross!" He squealed

Seriously? Sometimes I wonder how she puts up with him.

"Shut up Sky!" We hissed

Kandee refused to meet my eyes. I held her chin and forced her to look me in the eyes.

"Theres no need to be embarassed. I love you. You never forget that, okay?"

"Okay." She whispered

**************************************

Kandees POV

I was sitting in my new hospital room waiting for Matt to arive with dinner. I watched the clock hand as it ticked away the seconds. I was mesmirized by the clock. I completely forgot why I was watching it.

My stomache snarled in hunger. Now I remember.

Just then Matt waltzed in with a bucket of KFC chicken.

"Yes! Food!" I cheered

I attacked the chicken like a starved animal.

" And that is why we never get between Kandee and her KFC." Sky said and rolled his eyes.

"Dont mess with me sky"

"PIG"

"Shut up! God you to are so childish!" Matt barked

" Sorry...." Both me and sky said guiltily.

Just then the nurse walked in and said,

"Do to safety reasons we need to keep you for a two week observation."

"It wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the fact that i cut myself while dancing with my invisble friends would it ?" I joked

The nurse sputtered and then shook her head and walked out.

I laughed and finished chowwing down.

What the heck?

"Skylar you wouldn't happen to know where Matt is would you?" I asked sweetly

"Nooo..."

"You know i can see you right?" I asked as Matt hid in the curtain.

"can not!" He yelled

"And you called me childish."