19. What If The Worst Happened?

*Jeremiah*

"I'm surprised your best friends actually stayed back. Usually they're right under your shoulders."

Elijah was sitting next to me on the bus and Niko was right across from us.

"Yeah. I guess they needed time alone." I shrugged.

"I should bother the shit out of them." Elijah laughed. "I'd be the biggest cockblocker around here."

"That would make you look gay tho."

"How?"

"Doing all of that is like low-key not wanting them to have sex. Bruh, which one do you like?"

"Don't play yourself!" Elijah laughed, pushing me. "You really must want me to like boys. You stay saying that "

"Not really. With me, there are no fucks given. All I'm concerned about is you. Who is Elijah?"

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Nothing."

I already knew Elijah wasn't being true to himself. It's like the words he was saying was covering up those feelings he has bottled up inside. I didn't want to embarrass him, so I decided to talk to him about It later.

When we got to the laser Quest building, August and Nicki had us huddled over them. It was cute how they gave Nicki a shot at being a staff. I couldn't tell if she was a normal camper like us or not. She acts like one, so it's cute.

"Okay. Before we go in, I just want to let y'all know I'm gonna win first place."

"Man, fuck outta here!" Niko yelled.

"I'm the best player around." another guy claimed with a heart warming smile.

"Okay, we gonna see about that." Nicki smirked while August laughed. "But I got one question for ya. Do y'all want to be on teams or all for yourselves?"

"All for ourselves." We all said back.

"Okay well that was easy."

We all headed in the building and picked names for ourselves.
When we got called, we went inside the game area and listen to the operator's instructions before starting the game. As soon as we were about to start, the door opened and two more people walked in. Elijah's face turned from a frown to a smile and he ran over, hugging them both at once. I'm guessing it's Jacob and Mike.

"Glad you guys made it." I grinned, giving them dap.

"Had no choice. Mike couldn't sleep and he wanted to come, so he called a cab and here we are."

"Ooh, I heard y'all did a little something." Tabitha instigated.

Mike shook his head and took Jacob's hand.

"We didn't have sex. We made out and stuff tho. Damn, can you mind your own business?"

We shared a laugh and went down the hall to put on our laser jackets with a laser gun attached to it. Jacob needed help putting on his, so me and Mike took care of that.

"You guys, I'm Scared!" He fake screamed.

"Don't be. This ain't nothing to be afraid of." I pointed at the zig zag on Mike's head.