5. What If You Were The PeaceMaker?

*Jacob*

I watched as Mike left the cafeteria, disappearing after running a distance down the hallway. I stood up willing to go get Mike, but Elijah didn't approve.

"Just sit down. He is in one of his moments right now."

"Exactly. I'm not gonna just let him feel like he isn't loved."

"He is loved and he knows that already." Elijah retorted.

"Ok, then if he knew that then he wouldn't have went off on you and took his anger out on me."

Elijah was about to speak, but he didn't. I guess he knew I was right.

People would expect me to hold a grudge after someone took their anger out on me, but the way my life is set up, I can't bring myself to do that. I pay attention to how they feel and put myself in their shoes. That's what I did with Mike just now. I understand  all he wants is love and attention. And I also understand he is being a little selfish about it. I didn't think he noticed that.

"I'll be back!" I waved, running out the cafeteria. I had no idea which way he went so I just wandered all over.

"MIKEY!! MI-KEEEYYYY!!!!!" I yelled over and over hoping to hear his voice. No sound of him.

"Hi Jake!"

I turned around to see my New found friend.

"Oh, hey Ally. Where you coming from?"

"I was on my way to the cafeteria when I saw you."

She gave me a hug. Her body was so warm and comfortable. I didn't want her to let me go.

"Anyways what's wrong? Why are you out here alone and who were you calling?"

"Oh. I was calling my friend. He's upset and I want to talk to him."

"Why is he upset?"

"Because he feel like he don't get enough attention from Elijah."

Ally puckered her lips and put on some lip gloss.

"Well we should go talk to him."

I grabbed her hands.

"Thanks but no thanks. I want to do this alone because he is my best friend."

Ally nodded as I ran down the hallway. It was nice for her to offer some help, but I wasn't feeling it. When I talk to my best friends, I want to do it alone. I don't want anyone else there. Just me and him and that's how I like it.

I knew when Mike was upset, He likes to be on rooftops or on top of buildings. He once told me He felt like he was on top of the world when he is over everything.

I got on the elevator and went to the very top floor. I prayed to God I'd see Mike there. The top floor had a lot of windows that showed the outside world. It was scary to look down. And since we were in the biggest building, the sun stood exactly across from it. The sight was so beautiful.

I walked around until I found a door that led to the balcony. I walked outside and here he was sitting down with his feet dangling between the bars.

I took my chances and sat down next to him. He didn't bother moving away from me. He just stared down at the buildings underneath us. We were so high up, I felt dizzy just looking down.
Mike frantically shook his head and gripped the bars tightly.

"Don't try anything stupid." I said. grabbing his hand. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

A faint smile appeared on Mike's face.

"Same to you. I'm shocked Elijah let you come up here."

"I had no choice. I wasn't gonna leave you alone. I know how yo crazy suicidal ass is. I love you too much to lose you."

Mike glanced at me and took my hand.

"Jacob, I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you. I was just jealous of you. Jealous you got treated better. I wanted all of the attention to myself instead of you and I apologize for that. It wasn't even your fault for that and I was wrong for going off."

"Its fine. I understand and I forgive you. I'm sorry I take your spotlight all of the time."

Mike laughed and hugged me.

"Its whatever. I dont even care no more. You're the baby. Not me. Elijah was right. You need more attention than I do. Besides-" Mike put his thumb under my chin and made me look into his eyes. "-You need all of the spotlight you can get. You are the light of my day. You make me smile and laugh. I love being around you. I'm glad we're best friends."

His speech made me blush really hard. A weird feeling formed in my stomach, but it only made me happier.

"I'm glad we are too." I said as he hugged me.

We stared out at the sun with our arms all tangled up.

"We are so Damn backwards." Mike laughed.

"How?"

"Why the fuck we sittin here watching the sun rise?"

I choked trying to laugh.

"You got a point."

Mike ran his fingers through my hair and massaged my scalp.

"You have perfect hair."

"Thank you."

"And perfect skin and a perfect smile." Mike cooed, making me blush.

"You pretty as hell for a boy. Your voice is so beautiful and you are a heart ache."

I raised an eyebrow.

"A heart ache?? How???"

"Because when I yelled at you, I saw the look on your face. It was so painful, my heart nearly broke. I don't ever want to see you like that anymore. I don't ever want to hurt you the way I did anymore."

I laughed and pulled his arms around me.

"I already said I forgive you."

"I know."

Mike turned me around so I faced him. The sun rose a little higher so it made his face light up.

"Jacob...."

"Yeah?"

He took my hand and caressed my cheek. I didn't know why he was being so sweet to me, but it made me feel good.

"Mike!! Jacob!! Y'all up here???"

We both jumped up from the voice of our oldest best friend. Elijah walked onto the balcony just to run back in.

"Oh hell nah!! It look scary as fuck out there!!! Y'all better come in here."

Me and Mike laughed and went inside. Elijah gave me a hug then gave Mike a bigger one.

"I'm sorry for treating you wrong, Mike. You know we best friends. I love you for life and you know that."

Mike brushed his clothes off.

"Yeah, I know that. Its cool."

"So we good?" Elijah held his hand out. Mike happily shook it

"Yeah. We good."

"Yay! Y'all made up!" I cheered.

The boys awed me as we went back downstairs.

I couldn't stop the feeling in my stomach at all. Every time Mike would look at me or touch me,  I'd get this weird tingly feeling and I don't know why.

What's wrong with me???

******************************

What's up with Jacob and Mike??

Should they remain best friends or become more?

I need to start updating this story more often. I'll update weekly. 😮😳😁

Vote, Comment, Send me a message on what you think of the boys.

~Yasmine