4. What If- You Were A Little Bit Jealous?

*Mike*

Day 2 (June 25th)

Its 5 in the morning

Nobody is awake except me. As far as I know.

I've been staring up at the ceiling for the longest with nothing but bad thoughts running through my mind.

I've been thinking about last night the most. The image never left my mind.

The look Elijah had on his face when he yelled at me. I saw fear written all over. I know that face. Last night wasn't the only time I had saw it. I always see him look that way.

That was the look he gave when he was worried or scared. Before we met Jacob, I never saw him look like that. We were so close. He always had my back. He told me he would never hurt me for anyone else. Ever since Jacob came around, things changed. He always stuck up for Jacob. He treated him like a Prince. That wasn't how Elijah acted towards me. Now he always hits me and yells at me all because of the shit Jacob does. Don't get me wrong, I love Jacob. He's the youngest. But sometimes, he has to do shit for himself. He's 12 years old like me, and we're going to middle school soon. Elijah can't always provide for him. I felt like I was slowly losing Elijah all because of Jacob. It bothered me so much.......

"Somebody's Jealous!!" Onika teased, poking my cheeks.

We we're in the cafeteria eating breakfast. I sat by Onika and her friends because I didn't want to deal with Elijah or Jacob right now.

"To be honest.." I slammed my fist on the table.

"HE TREATS JACOB LIKE HE'S A FUCKING BABY, BUT HE'S NOT! HE IS 12 YEARS OLD JUST LIKE ME!!!!"

Onika put her hands on my shoulders.

"Okay now. Calm down baby. I'm here for you."

I blushed when she called me baby. Yes, black people can blush. You just can't see it.

"We been friends for the longest. All 3 of us. I understand Jacob is the baby of our crew, but it's not fair how he treats him better than me."

"Hmm.....you feel like there's favoritism?"

""Exactly!"

Onika nodded her head.

"Well, you're best friends. So the best thing to do is tell him how you feel."

I didn't think that would work, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

"Alright. I will see about it. Thanks Nicki."

"No problem love."

She gave me a hug before I got up and walked to our table. Elijah was talking on the phone while Jacob was eating.

"Why do y'all look so lonely?"
I asked, getting Jacob's attention.

"I don't know. Maybe its because Elijah on the phone and you're not here. Why didn't you come by earlier? You brighten up my day."

"Aw. That's so cute. You missed me?"

I hugged him tightly, making sure not to kill him. I kinda felt bad for being jealous. At least I get attention from somebody.

Elijah put his phone in his pocket and glared at me.

"Stop hugging him so tight."

I glared back, not letting go of Jacob.

"You can't tell me what to do. This is my friend too."

Jacob grabbed my arms and pulled them tighter.

"See? My point. He's fine."

"Whatever." Elijah shook his head and pulled his phone back out. His attitude was jumping on my last nerve. Without thinking, I snatched his phone out his hand and slammed it on the table.

"What the hell is your problem man?" Elijah yelled, trying to get it back from me. I pushed it further from him.

"Oh, you really want to know my problem???? Like YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW??????"

Jacob jumped from my tone of voice.

Elijah didn't flinch. "Tell me."

"Why don't you care about me no more? Why do you act like you hate me? I haven't done shit to you!!"

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, we used to be mad close. You always had my back. You was always there for me and you never let me down. But ever since THIS THING SHOWED UP-" I pointed harshly at Jacob. "- You been treating me like yesterday's news! You always give me dirty looks, and you stay being rude to me!"

"No I don't. What are you talking about?"

"Yes you do!! You protect Jacob more than you protect me!! I understand he's like the baby to our trio, but you need to get it to your head. He is NOT FIVE!!!! He knows how to take care of himself. You never did that shit with me! Ever!!!!! You treat him so much better!"

Jacob grabbed my hand and tried to pull me away.

"Let.....Me.....Go." I warned In the angriest tone. I was so pissed off right now.

Jacob let me go slowly. Elijah stood up and came face to face with me. People were looking over at us now but I could care less.

"You sound stupid, Mike. I don't hate you at all. Chill out."

I sneered at him.

"Actions speak louder than words. You treat me like shit." My anger turned into sadness instantly.

"Calm down bro. Its just my job to keep an eye on him. He means the world to me."

"Well if that's the case..... WHY DONT YOU FUCKING MARRY HIM!!!!!!!!!"

I ran out the cafeteria and went as far as I could so I wouldn't see him.

About me feeling bad, I don't anymore! I love Jacob, but he's a little bitch and Elijah won't admit it.

They both disgust me....

Why am I here????????

*******************************

So Mike is mad. What Will the boys do about it??

Don't forget to vote and comment.

~Yasmine