Life lesson in one song?

Ok, so I've realized many things in my life and always said Thank you and all that beautiful stuff. After reading about Jason passing away I just had to put this.

I don't like using the words Death or died or any of that type of stuff. It just doesn't seem right. And I have been crying over finding out about his passing even though I never even got the chance to meet him or really get to know him.

But what's also weird is that this song was playing when I read the small memorial chapter in Linds book.

I didn't get the chance to really say a proper goodbye and I never like saying goodbye to anyone it's just a hard thing for me I guess... But, um... That's when I also started reflecting on things. Like how I act and who in this world are still counted as heroes.

People have different visions of heroes like someone going off to war for their country or a person who saved another from doing something that they would regret. Jason however really seems like a hero in my eyes.

Everyone goes through difficult times and I guess now I've added another difficult time into my book of things that have made me cry or feel terrible and all that type of stuff. I mean, Jason's passing reminded me of the time that I also lost a close teammate to a fire and the parents of that teammate both lost their only two children that day.

The man got his two boys out and tried to go back in to save the girls even when the fire had engulfed the whole trailer and I found him as a memorable hero. Now, Jason's in that big book of heroes that I keep in my room and look back to when I need to. I think about those heroes if I feel a bit depressed and I smile at all the things they do.

Jason will be gravely missed that's for sure. I just hope the family can heal because that's what he would most likely want. He's probably looking down at us who didn't even know him and now thinking " Hey your pretty chill!" And all that nice stuff! He's probably even holding doors for people up there in that big old sky. Or maybe he's being a sky whale... I honestly don't know...

All I know is that he's in a pretty chill place. Or he's waiting on a park bench up in that sky for everyone he knows. He could be on that bench looking at me or you or everyone in the world that loved him or even a random stranger he met on he street and brightened their day with a smile. He seems like one of those guys...

I have gone through many painful experiences but I will never know the pain of losing a brother or sister or a kid. I will only know that if it happens in the future... I'll never know the pain of going through some terrible treatment for something like cancer which one of my friends went through. That's only if I experience it...

Do I feel the pain that the family feels? Maybe some of it but not all of it. Do I know the feeling of losing someone close? Yeah... Only because I experienced it that one day...

I know the feeling of losing a best friend. I've lost one because she moved and we never stayed in touch. Do I plan on replacing her ever? Hell no! She was the best and I would and never will be able to replace her and all those amazing memory's we've had!

Do I know the feeling of a family that feels like it's splitting every second? No... That's what another one of my friends feels every second of the day...

Do I know the feeling of being abused or some terrible thing like that? No, but my friend Eegee does and she once even tried to kill herself because of the pain that was inflicted upon her everyday. Thank god it didn't work because I wouldn't even know where I would be without her...

Have I ever regretted something? The only time I ever regret something is if it's so hurtful that someone begins to cry or if I said something that could possibly offend someone a lot. Or even if I just ever made someone's day just really crappy...

Everyone's not perfect. I have experienced that to... People hurt and I can relate to them in different ways... I may never know the feeling of being in a foster home since I still have my parents and if something were to happen to them and I wasn't old enough to live by myself then I would probably go live with my older sister or brother...

What I've really learned from Jason though is that he is one brave soul. People have said they would save a loved one anytime and my teacher once asked our class if they would save a random stranger. I was the only to confidently say yes. Then he asked me if I would save them even if they were a criminal. I said that's the past and this is the future...

Jason's bravery to go and save his brother is grand. He showed so much in that one act that sadly took him away. I only wish there were more people like him...

My goal is to be like him. Risk my own life for someone that I love or even some person I met on the street. I want to be like that kid in Tennessee who shielded a group of girls from bullets that were from a gang violence. He died sadly but he was added as a hero in my book.

I want to be that person who would lay on a grenade in order to keep my team safe. Just like in Act of Valor when Rorke sacrifices himself to keep the rest of his team alive...

I want to be that person who saves a life. Will it ever come in my life? I'm not sure... I've kept a lot of people from committing suicide if that counts. I make friends everyday that I shortly find out that they have a deep dark secret from everyone... But I'm not that person who goes behind their back and tells everyone about this secret! I'm not a person who finds personal enjoyment from someone else's misery!

I just know that one day there may come a time when you have to act in that split second to either be a hero or be the coward that ran away because there was a gun pointed at everyone from some bank robbery. I'd be that person who slowly but carefully army crawls to one gunman to attempt to grab their gun and use it if I must to save all those other innocent people who might have family's back home that are wondering where they are.

I want to be that student that keeps the whole class safe by being the person who keeps the gunman busy enough for everyone to escape. My teacher tried telling me that you day dream of being that person who saves the class but in truth you will be the one grabbing someone next to you using them as a human shield. What's also odd is how he's now sitting me next to the door since I was the only one who said I would save a strangers life...

I don't know if anyone else would be that type of person but I honestly can't hold this feeling back anymore. I honor those who serve and I never say they will go to hell and protest during their funeral because if that happens at my dads funeral since he was in the military I will tell them straight up to get the hell out otherwise I would file a public nuisance report and get them to leave the property immediately. I've been to one of those funerals where those people protested that the solider would go to hell and my mom told me my face when looking at them was priceless...  I was to young to remember that moment...

I also know that I won't be that extremely religious person who enforces my religion on my children. I will let them choose what religion they want to be. I won't be that person who tells gays their going to hell. I have friends that are also gay...

I'll just be me. Just like Jason. He showed he was a hero. Or just like that man who tried to save my teammate. He showed he was a hero. It's just obvious when someone you know will be a hero. They show it...

Sorry for making this long. I guess I should say my goodbyes. Talk to y'all later! BAI!

Song above, Humble and Kind