"You can join in when I'm done this race." He says, and then mashes some buttons with fierce concentration on his face. Regina walks in as Henry whoops for coming in first. 

"Mom, you came just in time to join us." Henry says, and hands her the brand new controller. 

"Oh no. I came to watch." Regina declines, but Henry fixes her with a look. 

"Santa gave me this so we could play as a family." He pouts, and Regina gives in after only ten seconds.

"Fine. But no mocking me when I lose." Regina grumbles. "How does this thing work?" 

Henry shows Regina which buttons to press and then he begins a new race. At first, Regina struggles with figuring it out. Watching Regina learn to play is so entertaining, and Emma laughs as the woman comes in dead last for the first race.

"This is terrible." She says.

"You'll get the hang of it mom." Henry tells her. 

"Fine. I'll try again." Regina rolls her eyes. And somehow Regina does get the hang of it. She manages to come in third, right after Emma. 

"How in the hell did you manage to get it that quickly?" Emma asks.

"I'm a quick learner." Regina shrugs. They continue to play for another few hours and a few of the races Regina ends in first place. 

"Well then. It would appear this game isn't as hard as I thought it was." Regina shrugs. "You two can keep playing if you wish and I'm going to go shower."

As soon as Regina leaves the room Henry turns to Emma. "How did she do that?"

"She's a witch." Emma grins.

"I heard that!" Regina yells from somewhere else in the house and both Henry and Emma break out into laughter. 

~~~

The rest of the Christmas break is spent playing with toys and having family time. As January rolls around and life gets back to normal, Emma gets used to being pregnant again. Regina pampers her like she's dying but Emma just lets Regina to make her feel better. As the first few weeks of pregnancy pass, Emma wakes up every morning with nausea. 

She sits at her desk one day near the end of January writing up some paperwork when it hits her and she runs to the bathroom. Emma throws up her lunch and probably most of her breakfast and she spits into the toilet before flushing. While rinsing her mouth out, and wishing she had mouthwash, she hears footsteps come to the threshold. 

"You okay deputy?" Graham asks, and when she turns she sees he's holding a piece of gum. 

"Thanks." She grimaces, taking the gum.

"Still sick?" He asks, following her back to her desk. 

"It's ridiculous to call it morning sickness. It comes at all times of the day." She grumbles, chewing on the mint gum and getting rid of the nasty taste in her mouth. 

"Well, I hope it passes." Graham pats her on the shoulder and then retires to his office. Emma continues working on her paperwork until the end of the day.

When she walks out of the station and to her bug, her stomach grumbles. 

"I know little munchkin, we're going to eat soon." She pats her stomach gently and then drives home. When she walks through the door and the aroma of food wafts from the kitchen her stomach grumbles again.

"I'm home!" She shouts as she hangs up her coat and unties her boots. 

"Supper is ready dear." Emma hears and looks up to find Regina standing right there.

"You're sneaky." Emma grins as she walks over to Regina and kisses her gently. The brunette wraps her arms around Emma and pulls her closer. Emma melts into Regina and when her wife parts her lips Emma gently pushes her tongue into her mouth. When they part Emma grins.

"What a lovely welcome home." Emma sighs, and Regina smirks. 

"Come eat." Regina says, and pulls Emma to the kitchen. Henry is setting the table and then Regina brings the food over to the table.

"Oh my goodness pork chops look amazing right now." She practically drools.

"Don't forget my lemon potatoes and some asparagus." Regina says.

"You just happen to make asparagus sound delicious. You must be a witch." Emma grins, and Regina laughs as she doles out food.

"It actually does sound really good." Henry shrugs. 

"Are you finally going to eat my asparagus?" Regina asks and he grabs one piece, peering at it suspiciously.

"Sure, I guess." He says, and then takes a tentative bite. Regina and Emma share a hopeful look and he nods, accepting the vegetable. Emma and Regina high five over him finally trying another vegetable and then the meal continues on as it usually does. Henry talks about his day and then Emma also talks about herself and how her day went.

"And then after lunch, I managed to get sick. Again." She rolls her eyes, and then takes the last bite of her meal.  

"I thought morning sickness was supposed to end last week." Regina comments, delicately cutting her pork. 

"It'll be fine. Henry made me sick for a long time and he's mostly normal." Emma says, watching Henry out of the corner of her eye. His fork pauses on the way to his mouth and and he looks over towards his blonde mother with slanted eyes.

"Hey!" He pouts, and then Emma and Regina burst out laughing. 

~~~

Later in bed that night Emma lays her hand on her stomach and imagines what it will be like to have it stretched tight with a moving thing inside of it. Regina crawls into bed a few seconds later and lays on her side to look at Emma.

"What are you doing dear?" Regina asks, reaching out with her left hand to brush a stray hair from Emma's forehead. The blonde's head rolls over to face Regina and she makes eye contact with her.

"Just feeling my belly. I'm thinking about the baby." Emma shrugs as best she can while laying down.

"Are you nervous?" Regina asks then, and Emma laughs quietly.

"If a new mom isn't nervous, there's something wrong with them." Emma says, shifting in the bed in order to tuck herself into Regina. The brunette runs her fingers through blonde strands and begins to hum to fill the empty space. Eventually Emma's face smoothes into a calm expression and Regina continues singing as they both fall asleep.

~~~

yay I'm terrible at regular updates... my school just finished with their musical, which I was a part of, and now I have post show depression and more free time. which is why I'm finally updating!

anyhow, please comment and vote!