41: I Love You

A/N: Warning... Long chapter ahead! This is unedited, so apologies for mistakes, but it will be checked eventually when I get around to it. In the meantime, enjoy this eventful chapter. There's also a lot of speech in this chapter too, here goes nothing!

-//-///---/--///---/---//-///--//--/---/--///--/--

Chapter 41: Amy's POV: I Love You

Jake drove me to school just like any other. He was wearing a pair of large glasses, as a 'fashion-statement', so he said. On our way, we collected Zac, Caleb and Tyler as usual. However, instead of sitting in the front seat blurting out radio tunes, and judging the boys for not singing along, I was cowered in the back, awkwardly twiddling my thumbs with my headphones in. I picked at a stray strand of cotton on the cuff of my checked flannel shirt, as if I was out of place, which I knew I wasn't.

Come on Amelia, pull yourself together! This is just your boyfriends car, which you've been in many a time.

As each and every boy piled into the car, I received a strange look, and a quick 'you alright?', to which I completely ignored.

"Jake, what's up with your girl?" Zac asked Jake quietly. He was in the passengers seat this time, rather than me, and I'm assuming he didn't mean for me to hear him, but I did. Therefore, I scowled in irritation.

"Nothing. She's just been really anxious all morning." Jake answered. "You okay Princess?"

Zac, Caleb and Tyler laughed at his nickname for me. I'm so used to being called 'Princess', that it would feel strange for him not to call me that; it confused me to see them sniggering at it.

I nodded silently at Jake's question, unsure whether he saw it or not, as he was driving. His cast was till on his arm, but he managed to steer perfectly fine never the less.

I knew the reason why I was acting so differently, but I didn't want to bring it up, after I let it go last night. The diary. I needed to know where it was; without that information, I was vulnerable and the anxiety was eating me inside out. Especially on the out, apparently,

"You look like you've not been asleep for about five years, mate." Caleb told me, from the opposite side of the back, as if I wasn't aware already of my eye-bags, that were so intense that they were practically hitting the floor.

How flattering of him to remind me, though. Thanks, Caleb for the self-esteem boost right there.

"Yeah, that'd be because I got no sleep last night." I replied, in a stern voice, showing my self-pity by gesturing at Jake.

It took a while for me to register the exact words I'd just said, because Zac was holding his hand out for Jake to hi-five with a devilish smirk plastered on his face.

"Nice one, bro!" Zac encouraged, entirely misunderstanding what I implied by my statement.

"Shut up Zac, I didn't bang her." Jake protested in a boyish tone, causing me to widen my drooping eyes, in shock. "At least not last night."

"Jake!" I scolded, with a scoff.

Tyler was sat beside me, in between Caleb and I. He was clearly being purposely quiet, which I didn't blame him for, honestly. If I was in his shoes when it comes to the way Jake reacts around him, I'd swear myself to silence for the rest of eternity. Any given opportunity, Jake will jump down Tyler's throat. They only were civil for the sake of Zac and Caleb. Anyway, Tyler was rummaging in his backpack, before bringing out a black can and reading the label briefly. He handed it to me.