29: What's A Murder If Nobody's Killed

A/N: I don't know if you read my last notes, but I'm just going to repeat it in case you didn't. This whole crime situation is really complex to plan out haha, I've never been arrested and never been close to anyone who has. The whole process thing might be incorrect, but bare with me, because once I've finished this book, I'm going to go back and fix up bits of the story that aren't right. bye :)

---//--///-//--///--/---/---//-/--/---///

Chapter 29: Amy's POV: What's A Murder If Nobody's Killed

The world felt as though the oxygen had been sucked out, leaving me to fight a battle for air. Being here, being in the presence of police, being questioned, made me feel a gut-wrenching sickness inside of my stomach.

The police officer had left the room, because she had some 'business to take care of'.

Windows were transparent, I could see straight through it what was going on, although it pained me to even glance. Darcy had shifted forwards out of his corner to discuss something with her, and the sinking in my body warned me that it couldn't be good. Nothing to do with Darcy could. His low, intimidating voice echoed through into the room Jake and I were sat, but not clear enough to fully understand.

As for Jake and I, we were too embarrassed to even look at each other with the state the both of us were in. It had been hours since we'd seen daylight, crammed into the police station like our butts were superglued to the chairs we were in. One look at either of us, and we could crumble. Seeing someone that you care about being ripped to shreds by question after question and theory after theory. We were innocent, but the cops had a hard time believing it.

He passed her something, while shaking his head.

Darcy had given the policewoman a white envelope. He was acting more shady than we were, yet he was out there just casually chilling, while our brains were being clawed open. Everything he did, just added to my suspicion. How could he have had Sam's blood? And how the hell could he have got away with just miraculously finding it, without even being queried? Not only that, but he seemed very friendly with the cop herself, and for him to claim to be a witness? To me, it sounds like he was up to something, and he's the one who took his body, or if Sam's still well and alive, you can bet your bottom dollar that he knows where he is.

Darcy is protecting Sam and hisself, and the only way to do that is to bring us down.

I know, I'm a freaking genius sometimes.

Jake seemed to be in his own bubble of thoughts and explanations too, as he didn't notice me staring straight at him for a good few minutes. He was planning, and I didn't know how to feel about that.

Moments later, the officer returned into the room, as she unsealed the envelope. Darcy just quickly left the building.

Something was up.

"Don't you think it's peculiar how Darcy is pulling evidence out of nowhere, almost as though by magic?" Jake asked her, causing her to quickly meet her eyes with his in a twisted, cold way.

"It doesn't matter at this stage. The evidence matches with not only the victim, but the story behind it fits together with our assumptions perfectly."

"How do you know that the blood he turned in was even from that day? And how he got a hold of it so easily?"

"Because we now have these." The officer said, pulling out a few pictures out of the envelope she was given, as the two other policemen from earlier on at the house marched into the room with yet more handcuffs.

The pictures showed Jake and I with Sam. Falling. Proof we sent him to the floor.

I felt the air restrict in my lungs.