19: Solving By The Lake

A/N: How is everyone? I feel really crap recently so the updates are definitely not on fleek dafuq. sorry. Anyway, what did you think of last chapter? Did you vote? 😘 hmmmm? Anyway, once I've sorted all of these chapters out and gone through and edited, I have an idea for a new book. (Not the sequel), it hasn't got anything to do with He's My Neighbour, so what do you think? By the way, I just realised that I haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm well aware Jai Brooks (Jake's reality role) doesn't have a lip piercing and it is intact Luke that does ok?

IM GOING BACK AND EDITING A LOT OF CHAPTERS BUT NONE OF THE EVENTS WILL BE CHANGED.

-/-//-///-//-/-/-/

Amelia's POV: Chapter 19: Solving By The Lake

My eyes were burning, as I strained as much as possible to keep them from closing. The blackness was overwhelming. Under my bedsheets, I felt trapped, enclosed, suffocated. Usually, it's satisfying just my duvet and I- we make a great team. However, there was a third visitor. Not only was there myself and duvet, but my thoughts seemed to have wriggled their way in too, restricting me from falling asleep.

In other words, it was nearing 3am, and I hadn't slept a wink all night long. The last thing I knew, Leila had left in a fluster, and Jake was thumping on my door. Access denied. Whether he's there still or not I have no idea, but he decided to sleep outside of my door for the night. That must've put a huge dent in his freaking inflated deadly ego. I only made it worse by telling him I had feelings for him, when I still don't even know myself thoroughly. He's a jerk, and a liar, and an ass- there isn't anything left for him! He wants everything for Christ's sake! Mindy? Leila? An apology acceptance from me who he clearly doesn't give a crap for?

Times like this I just wish I still had my diary. I don't talk about it too much, but it has my darkest moments in there, and I know it sounds ludicrous, because it's only paper, right? But it was the only thing I could trust. I had my stories in there. Stories of me, my mum, Leila, Ticarra; God, I don't even give Ticarra half of the attention she deserves. A month or so back, I'd have babysitted no issue, but I got so caught up, that she's at our Gran's a few towns away. It's a relief though, I suppose. What if she ever saw me like this? I'm such a screw-up sometimes. Anyway, where was I? Stories. Stories about me, my mum, Leila, Tiara, my freaking Dad. My diary had the story of my Dad in it. I needed that thing back so I could regain my strength, and sort my brain out.

My phone was mainly quiet. Every now and then I'd probably either receive a text off of Leila, or a notification on Facebook from that photo. For a start, I wanted nothing to do with Leila at that very moment in time. Since when has your best friend ever meant to betray you? She knew full well that I liked Jake. She saw it before I did, and what did she do? She had to spoil it. Then secondly, we have the photo. I wanted that picture gone. If you're wondering what picture, I'm talking about Jake's profile picture, the one he took on the ferris wheel. He's so confusing. One minute, he wants nothing to do with me, the next he's all over me? I need some sort of clarification, but just the sound of his soft voice would snap me like a twig.

He needed to get out of my life.

But I didn't want that.

Still awake under the covers, my eyes started to brim with warm sharp liquid- tears. They were making too many occurrences recently. Tears upon tears upon tears. Crying wasn't my thing at all, and I thought I'd have some force of control over it.

But I didn't.

The more I tried to fight it, the more I wanted to sob my heart out. With every tear came a thousand more, and all of a sudden, I realised I was broken for the first time since the twenty-first August 2007. Then it dawned on me.