32: Heard A Snap

A/N: Chapter 32. I really feel like this book is coming together so badly, so I have 100% decided that once I have completed it, I will go back and edit all chapters so that everything slots into the places better and it's easier to follow along with. Thanks for your patience, vote and comment!

--//-//--/--/--//--///-//-///---/-/---//-

Chapter 32: Amy's POV: Heard A Snap

Later the following day, none other but the deathly woman in smeared magenta lipstick and killer heels waltzed into mine and Rhonda's cell.

If you were guessing this woman was Julia Kent, you were right.

She had a face as sour as grapes and her eyes somehow reminded me of a miniature devil watching me. She wasn't happy. I tightened my ponytail, as I rose to my feet and shuddered at the sight of her. When somebody looks just as evil as how they act, you can't help but feel sick from seeing them. Her eyes pierced my own for a couple of minutes, before I heard a bustle beside me.

"Is this the bitch-ass investigator you told me 'bout?" Rhonda exclaimed, immediately causing me to erupt in laughter.

Her tone hit me in the funny spot.

"Girl, you should eat a burger." Rhonda tutted, as she made her way back to her bunk, Julia's eyes burning through her back while she walked.

Julia stood shiftily in the doorway, her face still dropped, when I all of a sudden heard footsteps near her. A tall, lean shadow penetrated the open door. When the dark wash skinny jeans appeared, joy was not the word.

"Jake!" I yelled, running into his open arms. Closing his arms, he locked me into his warm embrace. His large, delicate hands drew shapes up and down my back as I inhaled the scent of his rich cologne. My head rested on his broad comforting shoulders, while he rested his chin on my head. I felt every stress, strain and worry melt away when he held me.

"We're out now, Princess." He whispered into my ear lovingly.

The words were more than music, they were legitimate symphonies.

"Dude, you making me sick." I heard Rhonda exclaim from behind me as I escaped the hug.

"I'm going to miss you Rhonda." I smiled.

Jake handed me a pile of clothes, which I gratefully took. Not caring about who saw my underwear, I whipped the jumpsuit off and slid into the clothes.

I frowned, because the shirt poured over me about eleven sizes too big.

"Why the freak am I wearing your clothes?"

"Because I have way better style." He grunted, sarcastically.

"Whatever. You love me."

"We're not that far yet, Princess, you just look cute in my stuff."

"Cliche." I chuckled, as he weaved his arm around my waist.

"I can't compliment you, can I?"

"You can try."

We had to take the bus home, because the car was supposedly outside his house, waiting for us. We had basically claimed that car, literally nobody used it anymore besides us.

I hate the bus.

I should've been ecstatic to finally be leaving prison. Never thought that sentence would escape my lips. However, when I received multiple death glares on the bus just because my clothing happened to look like I'd not bought clothes since I lost 13 stone at fat camp. Not that Jake was fat, but you understand my point.