34: Excuse You

A/N: Everybody's going to be going back to school again pretty soon. Would anybody like to see anymore PSHE scenes? Hint hint. Anyway, I apologise for all of the errors I keep making in my writing, but just so you know, I always go back and tweak little words in my previous chapters that aren't quite right. :)

--//-///--/-//--///-/---/--//--

Chapter 34: Jake's POV: Excuse You

I walked out of the hospital a good few hours later, when dusk was near. I tried not to display my discomfort all that much, but the pain of my forearm being powerfully slammed against the firm wood of a coffee table, followed by bending a way (that an arm shouldn't bend), was torture. The hurt was excruciating. The nurses had told me that not only had I fractured my elbow, but I'd broken my radius too. I had a plethora of needles jabbed into my arm to numb it, before an X-ray and then applying a cast. I asked for a black one, because I'm punk and shit.

Alright, Jake, keep telling yourself that.

What's more, Amy had to leave the room, because she kept laughing at my pain-stricken face; so supportive of her, really is.

On the other hand, having a cast on my arm would easily score me some attention at school on Monday- the day after tomorrow. I was quite looking forward to school for the first time in my life. Spending a few days in isolation, inside of a prison cell, really made me realise how much I took company and my friends for granted. I missed them.

You don't have to tell me, I know I'm a lovely friend.

Also, I had a feeling that this year would be different, not only because it was my last year of school, but so much had changed in the space of a summer break, which would undoubtedly affect school tomorrow. Amelia and I were closer than ever, Mindy would be watching our every move, and the group was now tight- it was just a shame for Zac that Leila went to another school. What would people think? We'd all dropped our reputations and stereotypes and for most people in school, that'd be a mega shock. Thanks to Amy, however, I really didn't give a crap about what other people thought anymore. I needed to focus on getting my grades up and working on my relationship with Amy.

"I'm texting the group." Amy told me, as we made our way back to the car. "Zac's asked for us to go and see him at his place as a get together?"

"That's fine, I'll drive." I suggested, idiotically.

"No, no you won't!" My mum ordered, "You've broken your arm you silly ass."

Her comment made me tinge scarlet, and Amelia sniggered.

"I'll drive us." Amy volunteered.

"Not a chance!" Mrs Dakin answered, protectively. "You're a terrible driver, I'll drop you off on the way home."

I chuckled in return.

It took less than five minutes to get to Zac's house from the hospital, and those five minutes were spent in comfortable silence. I was quite overwhelmed still over the news about Sam. If we told the police now, we'd be in trouble. A lot. But so would Sam and Mindy for not turning themselves into the police, which would be extremely satisfying. However, the better option was to wait until after the operation. If he lived, then we could just forget the whole thing ever happened, but if he didn't, we'd be going to jail. It was a chance worth taking. In my head, the thought that someone was lying in his potential death-bed, because of me, still hadn't registered, which may make me look a terrible person, but he nearly hurt Amy.

That's enough of a reason to send him to Hell and back.

Interrupting my thoughts, we pulled up at the bottom of Zac's driveway. I muttered a quick 'thanks' to Mrs Dakin and hopped out of the car. It was getting considerably late, and the day was warping into night. Amelia looked so excited walking up the footpath, for no clear reason, but when she rang the doorbell and it opened, the answer was obvious...